Has anyone ever just stopped talking to you?

Like you like a guy/girl and things are going well and then he all the sudden starts ignoring you and treating you like a stranger?

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah it has happened to me too, quite recently..

I have a pretty good idea why it happened, but im still sad that she didn't give me proper closure even though i told her i had no expectations. She was so into me and after we had sex she told me she wasn't ready for a relationship but she didn't say anything about if we could keep in touch or not (btw im certain she was satisfied with the sex, it was obvious), and after that she avoided talking to me on the phone and eventually she apologized for her behaviour and she never answered my texts after that.

Feels so weird because we had talked a lot for almost a month before we met and had sex, and we know so much about each other and it seemed like we got so close in relatively short ammount of time, and afterwards she almost treated me like a stranger and cut me off..

Feels way worse like this too, i would rather have her telling me the truth even if it was harsch, although i think in my case she couldnt tell me why she couldnt see me anymore, because she started getting feelings for me and wasn't ready for that and was afraid to get hurt if she became to attached. Naturally girls dont want to admit they have feelings for a guy unless they plan on getting serious, so i kind of understand why she did it.. She has been hurt before in past relationships

What Guys Said 14

• That's happened to me with friends, nevermind who I liked, I never had the guts to talk to them anyways

• Yes, but I think I've also done this with friends. I just get really lost in my own head and forget to be a part of society sometimes.

• It happened to me she cut ties with me and went back ex boyfriend who cheated on her. These things always happen.

• Sure a couple of times.

• It happened to me somewhat recently. Keep in mind I am 26, but it seems to be a common practice among the immature, and one that is becoming increasingly more common as people are able to use technology to create / maintain distance from one another. I would not take it too personally, you will likely experience this again in your life, possibly multiple times, and it will almost certainly have very little to do with who you are.

• Nope, and if they do then w/e. Ain't no body got time to worry about someone who doesn't matter.

• It might have. Can't really remember. You know what, it probably has. Ya, we'll say it has.

• yea its really awkward...

• Did she ever try to contact you again?

• why what happened?

• I just don't get him.. one time when we were friends I guess he didn't see me and i kept calling out his name and he finally turned around and he apologized like 10 times for not noticing me... and now now he just ignores me? He makes no sense

• Yes thats happened to me before. Then I found out she talks to her friends about me being ugly behind my back and that she was only using me when she doesn't have any guys to talk to.

• They lost interest. Move on to the next boat.

• Yes it has happened to me before, it's water off a duck's back to me.

• yeah a lot...

• may be he/she got a fresh one... Babe...;)

• This is why you don't ever immediately invest in someone, they gotta earn my quality relationship whether that be friendship or pretty lady relations.

What Girls Said 6

• many many times.

• Yeah. Happening right now. We seem to never be on good terms anymore because he keeps NOT talking to me out of nowhere. Acts like I don't exist. I'm working on it, though. Long story.

• Probably! Depending on who it is determines whether or not I care.

• Yeah that's basically the story of my life... I had a really awesome relationship and then he dropped out of school and moved to NYC without a word and I never heard from him again. It's been six months and I'm still not over it.

• That just happened to me 2 weeks ago so I just moved on. It's really weird because he told my friends how much he liked me but then he just ignored me or said he would be back but then never talk to me again.

• yes, the guy I had a crush on.