Guys, when your out with you SO and see a beautiful women nearby, why do you feel the need to show public display of affection in front of the girl?

I see this happening all the time. I was walking through a park once and there was a couple walking in the opposite direction. The guy kept looking at me and I think he found me quiet attractive. He all of a sudden holds his gf's hand and hugging her from behind, basically showing affection to her in front of me. What is the motive when guys do this? And also I know girls do it as well. If they see an attractive girl, they'll be all over their SO, perhaps to show the other girl that they are together and happy. I don't know. Why do people do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• So his gf doesn't chew him out for looking at you more than her.

What Guys Said 4

• No I don't do that. In all honesty I'd just look at her and thinks "she's hot" and move on.

• well i don't understand that either lol :D

• I've never done that nor have I seen others do it.

• Its more or possessive/protective thing. kinda like a quiet "this one is mine/taken" I don't understand why a guy would act that way when girls are around, but its common when guys are around. same thing on the other side.

What Girls Said 4

• If he noticed u, his girl probsbly did too so he wanted to let her know he cares about her despite the good looking girl in the room. Just my opinion

• My boyfriend only does it when he sees guys staring at me.

• I don't know why a boyfriend would do it unless he doesn't want to get approached by you.

• girls do it so he doesn't get distracted by the girl. I've never seen a guy do it though

• Maybe they don't want their girlfriend to feel insecure?