How do you make a guy respect you?

Me and this guy have been off and on for like 5 years now but we've never officially dated. We basically just have sex, but I've always wanted more than that. He recently told me that he didn't really see us as more than what we've always been because what we've alway's been is so blinding for a relationship. I completely agree but I don't know what to do to change that. Help!

Most Helpful Guy

• End your sexual relationship, telling him that you need more than that, and start looking for a guy who also wants what you want.

This might jolt your guy into action, but if it doesn't, at least you'll be on the path to getting the kind of relationship that fulfils your needs.

What Guys Said 6

• If he is been able to have sex with you off and on for half a decade without any commitment I don't see how you can change the way he feels about you. You can make a guy respect you by being confidence, assertive, having a sense of pride and not being gulliable. Dump this guy and find someone willing to have a relationship with you.

• your respect will be gained again (as I agree with everyone else that you have wasted it) by putting limits or Red lines for this relationship that he can't pass through and to make it very clear about.. cauze whatever this thing between you are will eventually go but respect will be for ever

• well you would have to first be a respectable person to begin with.

• His respect for you flew out the window years ago. You may as well wave bye bye to it.

• Give him warning not to be perv n Sexy boy...

• I think the girls who command the most respect are the ones who are strong and self assured, see things through and are true to their word. People should recognize you won't put up with being disrespected. I think people in my life don't give me bullshit because they know I won't put up with it, I don't have to. Whatever role they fulfill in my life, there's plenty of other people who can do that too, but without the bullshit. So you set reasonable terms outlining what you want, if the dude can't/won't meet those, bye bye, no more sex. If he wants sex and wants to meet them he's got to commit to it, not just be good for a while and then start to get lazy.

What Girls Said 1

• you need to respect yourself first then u can gain others respect.
    Our behaviour and values -people based on this