I am tall (6'3) and fairly good looking but I have never had a girlfriend what could I be doing wrong? help me girls please?

i am an introverted person i never initiate contact with people and really insecure could that be the reason?

yap lol i guess so

Most Helpful Guy

• "Introverted". Don't use that word as a scapegoat to not talk to people. I don't care how introverted or shy someone is, if you try you will achieve. You just need to go out and talk to girls, get yourself comfortable in the setting and ask one out!

Insecurity and shyness aren't flaws, but they can hinder you from progressing in social environments. You just need to focus on who you want to be rather than shy away from people because of who you THINK you are.

• you're 100% right man but it's easier said than done it's like a chain around my neck suffocating me i really really try to be more social but i feel extremely nervous around girls i fancy

• i guess so bro thanks for commenting :)

• No problem man:) You got this

What Girls Said 15

• You answered your own question. But I'd say it's the last two things and not your introversion that's the problem.

I know approaching girls can be nerve wracking for a lot of guys. But you gotta take risks. No risk, no reward... right? Just say 'Hi' and go from there. Just think of every interaction as one step closer to finding the girl you really like.

• i guess you're right time to embrace rejection

• It's probably the reason. Most women expect the guy to do the first move or at least show that he's open for discussion.

• Could be part of the reason, yes. I'm extremely introverted so don't feel like you're alone here. I know how you feel. Just try to talk to more people and spend more time with your friends. Go out more often. Try to be at least a bit more outgoing.

• I know someone like you... A lot like you lol...
    That could definitely be the reason. Being shy can often make you seem less approachable.

• i think i'll die alone lol

• It could be the reason. If you never talk to girls, you can't expect to get with them. Also, calling people "you judgmental shit" after all they've done is give you the opinion you asked for isn't exactly the way to go :)

• lol you're right i shouldn't have said that my bad but i am really shy and nervous around hot girls what should i do plzzzzz?

• I used to be really self-conscious and quiet as well. What helped me is simply pretending to be confident. I would just tell myself "Okay girl, act like you own it, the guy doesn't have to know you're about to shit your pants". It worked eventually. Also, try to start casual conversation. I don't know what you do, but if you go to school or uni you could ask about homework or stuff like that. You can "practice" on girls you don't find that attractive, because you won't be as nervous. It might seem like a douche move but it helps :)

• lol you're right when i am around girls i am not attracted to i carry myself with all the confidence in the world! but when i am around attractive girls it all fades away and i become self-conscious

• You have your answer in your description. But don't hide behind your introversion and use it as an excuse. You have you break out of your comfort zone sometimes.

• it's easier said than done... introversion isn't a choice

• The thing is introverts aren't actually scared of talking to people. I'm one and I enjoy talking to people and being social but most of all I prefer my own company. You don't have to be shy to be an introvert.

• I think you answered your own question, if you know things that are assuring yourself in not meeting people, change. You can still be yourself, just put yourself out there. What do you have to lose? Start small, by smiling at strangers as they pass... Then initiate small conversation... Have a nice day, you look nice... things like that. Then hopefully one day the conversation is natural and grows. Gotta start somewhere!

• I think you're probably too awkward? You gotta use that confidence! Maybe you should find another awkward girl haha

• please tell me how i always see cuties around me and always have the urge to approach them but i never do what to do exactly? what to say?

• Maybe be funny.. I don't know, I usually notice people who have a good sense of humor

• That's most likely the reason.

• Nothing
    .

• yeah you have to message girls etc

• wheres you pic if your so hot

• oh yeah my bad

• Maybe just be spontaneous and ask a girl out you like

• Are you socially awkward. ?

• to the extreme...

• i don't

• Ok well you've started one with me already. Did you know that you just started a conversation. ?

• I'll date you.

• hhhhh cool :) but i don't really talk that much might come off as cold hearted

• It might. My answer to your question is try to be more out going if you see someone who peak your interest, try getting her number. Don't keep standing there you're gonna miss your ship as the saying goes. Good luck!

• i really need to man up...

• YES omg you dont even understand there is NOTHING in this world that turns me off more than a guy being insecure (except psychopathy and other weird shit like that). Personally, I think a guy who threw up on me would have more of a chance of a date than a guy who is scared of failure and of hurt to his ego to the point that it hinders his love life!

Please just be confident, if you're good-looking, then you're fine and maybe not every girl will say yes to you but one is bound to just don't let a couple of rejections throw you back!! And initiate contact, even if you dont want it, I know forcing yourself to do something u dont want isn't easy, but once you get the hang of it it will be easier-- its like that with everything!

• you just described me perfectly with your first paragraph that's exactly what's wrong with me i am terrified of rejection i am afraid that my ego would get hurt but i can't help it advice plzzzz how should i carry myself around women to seem confident and attractive? tips would be much appreciated

• So ask yourself, WHY are you insecure about yourself, have some insecure jealous jerks ever made fun of you? If you locate the cause of insecurity and deal with it, maybe your self-esteem will increase? If its something personal is there anyone you can talk to that you trust?

But you need to find that confidence within yourself, as you seem quite eager to get advice from this website suggests that your main method of increasing self-esteem is to seek external validation? People dont give enough shit about others to constantly compliment other people, or maybe those that do give shit are to shy to compliment! So dont wait for others to approve of you, approve of yourself and see the good in yourself, see the bad, and dont let that bad drag you into insecurities but man up and work on your bad (and everyone has both good and bad).

In terms of flirting, just try to initiate contact, have good eye contact when u ask her out/compliment her, dont tell her what to wear etc etc

• And also, one more thing, sorry! Whats so bad about rejection, personally I've failed so many things I went for (not guys but more like general ambitions) and yes it was humiliating and horrible and disheartening but heyy, Im still alive right, and not depressed and ACTUALLY bloody damn proud of myself for going after my dreams despite the odds!!

What Guys Said 8

• i am an introverted person i never initiate contact with people and really insecure

that is most likely your reason.

• You aren't asking out enough girls.

You're playing it too "safe"; you're afraid to take risks. You absolute, 100% certainty, that the girl will say "yes" (which is impossible).

----

A guy that doesn't initiate contact with people, is going to be chronically single and a chronic virgin.

The way this courtship thing works with humans, a guy cannot, cannot, CANNOT be a passive introvert, and expect a girl to come up to him and initiate everything.

Not gonna happen.

So steadily work on being more extroverted.

• Got to become more confident or outgoing or get used to being alone. This is coming from a 21 year old introverted loner so you best listen to me lol I have been on this social quest for months now I haven't really asked anyone out but I talk to boatloads of people now, and most importantly smile man smile everyone lives that shit

• You answered your own question. You don't initiate contact and you're insecure. You won't ever meet anyone that way. I think maybe you should work on your confidence before you look for a girlfriend.

• Might be because you just called yourself good-looking.

• or maybe girls told me that you judgmental shit some girl told me i should model i am not making it up

• sorry dude i was rude

• Well, being tall isn't everything, I should know, but besides that it just takes some confidence. I was shy for a while but then I just asked someone out and it was cool from there. Even if you don't get over it when you're dating someone, a girl could help you open up.

• whats your age?

• 21 years old

• there are guys older than you who have never had a girlfriend

• an introvert with good looks more often than not do have a hard time getting girlfriends. The introvert part makes it hard because girls (generally speaking) believe that it's the guys job to make a move.. so if you don't make a move they take that as you not being interested in them. Add onto the fact that you're tall and fairly good looking.. and girls are even less likely because they may be a bit intimidated by your looks. Thinking that you're too good looking for them.

• i really need to approcah girls i am sick of being alone