He cancelled our date, is he just not into me?

Yesterday he said he was nervous but excited and today he text me when I was already on my way to meet him saying he felt too ill to see me. I admit I was kind of blunt over text afterwards and now he hasn't text me since this morning. It was meant to be our first date, so is he just not interested, or am I reading too much into it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Did you zap out on him? He might have really caught a stomach flu or something. If he didn't offer an alternative I would say not into you. If you zapped out and he hasn't texted you back, he might not have had the chance to offer an alternative and is wondering "what the heck.". Either way, nothing to do now but wait it out.

• He said that he hoped to see me at school but to start with he obviously felt guilty now he's deliberately being short and moody when I'm trying to be nice :(

• Them let it go. Don't text him any more. Wait and see how it plays out.

What Guys Said 3

• he may be genuinely ill but to be honest, i think he is either a bag of nerves or as you suspect, not that into you

• I think he was ill because of his nervous

• your texts probably scared him off

• I wasn't unpleasant to him and I even said that I hoped he got better but I don't know, he's snapchatted me now but not text :/

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like he's nervous. I wouldn't say he's not into you he probably feels "ill" because his nerves got the better of him. Give him time.

• Look I've often done it with guys and I apologised later but it really was all nerves. I don't mean too, dates scare the hell out of me and meeting up with someone for the first time. I'm a lot shyer in person.

• It could go either way, don't contact him again and let's see what he does.