Would you date a guy that cheated on his gf with you?

I really like this guy... his older than me, and I feel bad, but he's cheating on his gf with me, he told me she cheated on him first, I know he's probably lying, but would you ever date a guy/girl that cheated? If yes, what makes you think that he's/shes not gonna cheat on you too?

Thanks for all your comments. I stopped talking to him, he kept calling me, he even sent me flowers to work... I changed my number today. Im not very proud of myself for even considering taking this guy serious and be part of his game... I love how almost all of you called me a whore, but you know something? Everyone makes mistakes, anyone could get confused... When we started talking he told me he was single and after 2 months of talking and hanging out he told me what happened with her.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I were a girl? Nope. But that's only because I have a clue and some experience.

If I were still young, innocent, and clueless, I would make a mistake and learn from it. Some mistakes cost A LOT... But they usually come a huge round and pay back in ways you never knew existed. Wisdom, knowledge, understanding, and true confidence.

Took a long while to realise that she was 'cheating' with me on whoeverelse she was 'rebounding' with. But in hindsight, that unlucky guy wasn't so unlucky because I was stuck with a cheat in progress. And even then I still convinced myself that she wouldn't do it with me with other guys.

The problem is, she doesn't have a clue how to build trust in relationships, nor even understand what real freedom and liberty is. Maybe she still doesn't, I don't know.

Regardless, a cheater is immature, self-righteous, and selfish. They have to change on their own, and would quit the relationship if they really did change and re-start everything.

Otherwise, it's still the selfish 'me-first' rather than 'us-first', and 'i am afraid of losing things', rather than 'i am afraid of US losing things'. 'My security first', rather than 'OUR security first'. 'Every man/woman for himself/herself' rather than 'We help complement each other's weaknesses with our strengths. 'If you're weak, go die alone, I want to be with strong people', rather than 'When you're weak, i'll support you, and when I'm weak, I know you'll support me too'.

If you sincerely want advice? Then please consider the advice given to you. Don't make the same mistake as myself did and ignore the warnings of other people.

What Guys Said 26

• Nearly 100% of the time, if he cheated on her, he'll cheat on you too. Women are the same - if they've cheated with someone to be with you, they'll cheat on you to be with someone else.

Most cheaters are able to cheat because they are attractive (and not always just physically - they can have attractive personalities and be confident, etc.), so, yeah, attractive people are easy to be attracted to. But that's why you have a BRAIN: to control your raw emotions that make you want to just GO FOR IT. Your brain tells you "Hold on a minute - do we REALLY want to get involved with this guy?"

Too many people refuse to listen to their brain, and are in denial about the truth, and that's how they end up getting hurt and used. This guy's behavior is very predictable, so if you don't want to be cheated on yourself, you need to listen to your brain and move on.

• Basically, cheaters will always be cheaters and they will continue to cheat just because they can as long as people keep letting them. Did I hit the nail with the hammer pretty good there?

• "Nearly 100% of the time…" - I love that.

• Hey :(

People who cheat lake self respect, and respect for their partners PERIOD. People who have no respect for themselves or others usually don't care what others think. Reading between the lines here, you are just a past time, and you are an accomplice to the destruction of a relationship as well as his partners feelings and self worth.

Ask yourself why you are involved in a situation like this? How would you feel if you where this guy's girlfriend? I don't mean to come down hard on you, but why would you even ask this question? Do you think or are you hoping there is a future with this guy?

In life we all make mistakes, that's how we learn. My advice to you: RUN. This guy is bad news. If he's cheating on his girlfriend with you, it's safe to say he may have another girl or two lined up.

Respect yourself, don't be anybody's second choice. Finally, I hope you are practicing safe sex.

• I cheated on my girlfriend because she really did cheat on me first. Now, I'd hope this wouldn't affect anyone's opinion of me as a person, but being realistic, it would for some people. And it was admittedly a dumb decision. I regret it entirely. Having said this, it's a risky choice and it really depends on the personality of the guy. If you can ACTUALLY trust him, and you think it's worth the risk of him doing it again and you getting your heart broken by him, then go ahead. There is that off chance that he, like myself, genuinely regrets his choice. There's also the chance that he doesn't regret a single thing. If that's the case, then you'll likely get hurt. I say you weigh the pro's and the con's, measure your trust for him, and if the results come out positive, then go for it. Just be wary.

• The fact that you feel he is already lying to you regardless of the cheating is already a bad sign.

Plus if he's cheating on her with you, he's just gonna cheat on you with someone else down the line.

I love how people always assume "it's so different" when it comes to these things.

• If he cheated on his girlfriend to be with you. He'll cheat on you to be with someone else. Same goes for women as well. If she cheated on her boyfriend to be with you, she'll cheat on you to be with some other guy. That's just one of the horrible facts of humans.

• im a guy but my answer is no... a cheater is a cheater. and most likely he will cheat again because he doesn't think cheating is a big deal... in fact its easy for them to accept it. like a good serial killer. thier not afraid to do it any more and won't feel guilty about it.

• I would not date a woman who would cheat on their current bf with me. If she doesn't want to be with him, she can leave then date me. I also, will not enable a woman to cheat intentionally. I'm a firm believer that if you're not happy to the point that you want to cheat then you shouldn't be in the relationship.

I've had women who were in relationships come on to me, I'd end up ignoring their advances.

• Yes I would, all I need to know is what they were lacking in their previous relationship which prompted them to cheat, therefore I can give it to them ensuring that they stay faithful to me

• I don't see how her cheating in the past is relevant. He has a free pass now? Lol sure. No I don't see myself dating a girl that's with another guy. Are you having a hard time finding guys you like?

• lol that should be common sense... he cheats on her then he will cheat on you. what does make you assume otherwise? you can´t believe people on who cheated first. if he cheats, he will cheat on you too.

• I'm a bit late but if he's cheating with you on another girl then I'm sure if you get together with him he will cheat on you too. If you get together with him you are basically saying its okay for him to cheat on girls and expect the girl he's cheating with to want to be in a relationship with him. You are basically letting him off the hook. Forget about your feelings for this guy and go no contact. People like this need to learn that they can't go around messing with other people and expect shit to be all roses and daisies. Fuck that shit. These people need to be held accountable for their actions. Unfortunately many people like this are able to get away with it with no damn consequences.

• i wouldn't date a cheating girl. cheating just shows how weak you are when it comes to love. if something in a relationship is making you unable, do not resort to something as low as cheating just to satisfy yourself. be strong and work it out. it shows that the cheater is not strong enough, mature enough, ready enough to face the struggles that comes with all relationships. i wouldn't want to date any girl like that

• what are you? a justin beiber fan? or are you just a masochist? You are not looking for a casual wham bam, thank you ma'am... so why would you consider dating someone who cheats? A man's past is the surest indicator of his future. It is doubly true for women. Don't be an idiot, dump his arse, quick!

• Not good. Having been cheated on I can say it definitely sucks. However after time I have realized it takes two to tango. It wasn't just this guy or just my gf, she obviously knew and he knew. And they are together for now and I know I could never FULLY trust her. There would always be a whisper in the back of my mind if I was him.

• Yeah if she is willing to cheat with me she is likely to cheat on me

• I wouldn't let a girl with a boyfriend use me to use.

• Oh yeah, he sounds so loyal, he won't be onto the next one once he's bored of you, will he?

• nope once a cheater always a cheater.

• Good thing you did by cutting communication guys like that don't deserve to date and that's coming from a guy..

• You lose them in the way you got them.
    In other words. He'll do the same to you.

• Once a cheater, always a cheater.

• You're silly to be with him while he has a gf. Your part of the problem.

• Find a guy who doesn't cheat

• If he can cheat on her, he can cheat on you too.

• Based on that fact no, because their in the mindset right now that cheating is okay. I wouldn't do it if I were you

• Nope.

If she's willing to cheat with me, she'll be willing to cheat on me.

What Girls Said 65

• fuck no don't date him honey. in his mind, if you're willing to be the other girl... he's going to think him being a cheater now doesn't bother you... he's going to switch right around and think cheating on you is going to be okay because he cheated with you. douche bag.

• It would depend.

I mean, if I was just looking for something fun, and not worried about how long it lasts...

Also, people cheat for a reason. To a point, that plays in.

• No he dosnt deserve you! Especially if he's cheating on yuo with another girl or he's cheating on the other girl with you!

• Nope.
    No.
    Nada.
    Hell. To. The. No.

If he'll cheat with you then he'll cheat on you. If he had any respect for his significant others or himself he wouldn't be with you in the first place. Do you seriously want to date a guy that you know has a pattern of being disloyal? You'll be paranoid and constantly looking over your shoulder every time a prettier girl comes along.

• No. Never. I have too much self-respect to lower my standards to date or be with someone who WANTED to cheat on is girlfriend with me--I'd never, knowingly, let it progress to the point of ACTUALLY ASSISTING him with cheating. There is no guarantee that he would not cheat on me. My trust has no place in being with a man who has cheated and tried top get with me via cheating!!

• If i was in that situation i would say no. if you want to date him you can however you should at least ask him to break up w/ his last gf first.

• no don't do it. if he cheated on her he will probably cheat on you. Once a cheater always a cheater.

• For starters you don't feel that bad, otherwise you would've stopped seeing him. That's fine just be honest with yourself.
    Also if he's willing to cheat with you, then you can basically guarantee that he'll cheat on you too and think you'll be cool with it since you were the other woman. I've seen it happen multiple times with many different people.

• Hell no! He is practically telling you that he is so selfish, self-centered, and self-absorbed that he will deceit someone who cares about him if it means his own gain and gratification in return. That's disgusting! Not only that, but it's a huge red flag. This guy obviously has a piss poor value system and SO DO YOU. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF because your behavior makes you a tactless whore.

• Hell no! soon as i find out id be hurt too and he will be out on his ass, i don't like being the piece on the side, and cheaters rarely change.

• Nope I wouldn't. But then again I wouldn't ruin a relationship in the first place. Shame on you. I say date him. Then you'll know better than to ruin relationships when he cheats on you too.

• I wouldn't take him serious, if he cheated on her what makes you special? He'll probably do it to you too.

• shoot... hard question. i think i would but would alwats wonder if he'd be cheating on me

• Never ever ever ever!
    I'd never be that girl anyway (unless he lied to me - so I didn't know he had a gf, but the second I found out, I'm outta there for good).

• I already did. Didn't work out.

• No. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Even if you manage to keep him if/when they break up, he will probably cheat on you later. Usually they don't leave their partners for the mistress. Also if I knew he was taken or seeing someone else, I wouldn't sleep with him or enter into a relationship with him.

• If you think he's lying about it why would you want to date him?

• No because if he's cheating on her for you then he will cheat on you for another girl then you will just be hurt

• I wouldn't knowingly help a guy cheat, but even if I did, I'd never date him. He's already proven that he's untrustworthy. I could never feel secure in that relationship.

• Nope I wouldn't date him. He cheated on her so he'll cheat on you too, guaranteed. And I wouldn't be the one to ruin someones relationship like that either cuz that's pretty low for you to know he has a girlfriend but mess with him anyway.

• I would say no because he might do the same to you in the future

• Honey move on never date a guy that is cheating on his gf he's a player find a new love.

• No he's not bf material.

• Absolutely fucking not! If he cheated on his gf what makes you think he's not going to cheat on you? He's a very dishonest person who doesn't have the balls to just tell his gf its over. move ta the next one. I've known girls that dated guys like this and all I can say is this guy is only going to cause you pain.

• No I wouldn't. He could very well cheat on me too.

• I actually saw something online I think yesterday and it said if he is cheating with you then chances are that he will cheat on you.

• Nup no way! thats just wrong and he's obvs a guy that you can't trust cause he might do the same thing with you later on and cheat on you with another girl...

• Did you know when you hooked up with him he had a gf? If so. I wouldn't even do that in the first place. But I wouldn't because he's more then likely to cheat again :( sorry. But best of luck.

• I wouldn't because he could also cheat on me.

• You're a relationship wrecker, shame on you

• More from Girls
    35