Please decode this first date for me! He's sending mixed signals?

This guy I met less than a week ago and I went on a date today. (when we met we ended up kissing a couple times -- nothing past a peck) He was the one to ask me out and drove up (a suitable distance). Today was fun and I enjoyed him, but when we went to leave, he gave me an awkward hug and didn't kiss me, and said "I'll see you around." So of course I was like.. well he wasn't feeling this date! But then we were texting and he invited me to a party that is in a couple weeks.
So why would he invite me to this thing in the future if he wasn't interested?
I'm very confused. Could someone help shed some light on the situation?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• He isn't interested in dating you but he is interested in keeping you around to get what he can from you (sex) if he ever wants it.

• did you text him after the date/

• Yes! and we chatted for a while but I stopped replying and then he texted me again saying that the day was cool and wished me a safe trip (i left the next day)
      I replied and said thanks the next mooring but he never texted me back and its been 2 days (including the day I sent the text in the morning)
      Should I text him? or wait and if he doesn't text me then he's clearly not interested?