Based on the details below, what do you think? Is he cheating, is he busy, or am I being used?

I met an amazing guy. He's sweet, caring, and gentle. He asked me on a date. Of course I said yes. I mean, who wouldn't? He's a lifeguard at the YMCA and he's so sweet! So, the next day, things got a little rocky. He told me he wasn't capable of feeling anything except for happy and angry. He tried to break of the date. When I asked if it was better if I left, he said yes. But I convinced him to stay, and we actually went on our date. It was beautiful! We laughed, ate, and totally kissed. He told me he wanted to be with me. I got confused because of the way he acted the other day. He told me at first he'd try to make us work, then after we kissed, he said he wanted to be with me. I asked him many times after that if he meant it and he said yes. Then I asked, "why did you say those things then? What were you afraid of?" And he said "This ending. I've never had this before." Keep in mind that he is 16, im 17, and he's never had a girlfriend or his first kiss. So things have been good since then. Although I do worry... He's always busy. He doesn't get off work until 10-11 pm. That's a little late. And when I ask if I can call he'll say he's tired. But I can understand that and at least he says "Goodnight and love you." But still I can't help but wonder. On parts of our date he'd say "well what do you wanna hear?" But again, he's never had a girlfriend. So maybe he was scared? Maybe he's using me? I don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know. He sounds quite nervous. Maybe keep it going, and then if you can't tolerate any more of his nervousness, then break up with him. But really give him a chance.

What Girls Said 1

• He just sounds young and inexperienced. I wouldn't question his feelings any more, just accept them and enjoy.