Guys, does it bother you when a girl offers to pay?

I know guys feel like they always have to pay when they take a girl on a date. That's fine by me but I sometimes want to pay. I've done this with previous boyfriends but they always insist on paying.

Most Helpful Guy

• she can offer but she can't pay at the first date =) this is not about rules or something.. but when we are getting closer like 3th date and if she is ok financially than she can pay sometimes.. but it can be like she will buy tickets for movie.. and i will pay for dinner.. etc.. we can share.. in this way it won't bother anyone..

What Guys Said 15

• 1. For some young lady, it's a macho thing while for some like me it's a matter of chivalry thus showing our respect for womanhood
    2. Whichever the perspective is, nature itself has designed the male in humans to be the provider / protector and the woman to be the care giver / organizer
    3. Thus rose the feeling of being macho and chivalry depending upon each individuals understanding :-)
    4. I'd always insist on paying but not at the cost of a girl's self respect. There are those girls for who it's about being fair if not about equality - I don't mess with that :-) I'll offer and at times insist but certainly not force my paying on her thus rendering null the pleasurable & quality time we've spent together

• Not at all, it's a nice gesture. I don't think I've ever dated a girl who assumed I'd be paying, the assumption was that things would be equalish over time, depending on who had the most to spend.

The only situation where I'd expect to be paying all the time would be if she had financial problems and couldn't afford to be paying for dinner's out etc.

• No. Afterall it opens up new doors of conversations and I like it.

• It doesn't bother me. Actually, the paying should be more-or-less equal. Of course, I'm not going to be counting every penny, though.

• you should at least offer to pay 50-50 if they shoot down you paying in full. It's also because we really enjoy doing something nice for you and if you pay we could see it as you being the stronger one in the relationship.

• No, because we got shit to do.

• Doesn't bother me, but unless I was in a relationship with her she ain't paying.

• It wouldn't bother me too much. If anything, that allows me to buy you a gift more. But yes, it does bother me a little since I want to be able to support you and prove to you that I could.

• Not at all. I just say thank you and we continue on with our evening.

• Only if she's much less financially well-off than me.

• I don't even let see the bill. I just say I've got it. I'd rather pay anyways. I don't have anything that I'd rather pay for then her.

• I would love that :) screw the social norms ^_^

• Id prefer it... but I hope it doesn't mean that she's not interested in sex afterwards

• It's easier if you just let us pay also I feel it sort of shows that we're on a date if I pay and it makes me feel a little more masculine by paying.

• Well I like to pay 50/50 so that's what I prefer. I don't want anyone to pay for the whole thing.

What Girls Said 0