Signs of a controlling/jealous guy? Or is it me?

I met a guy around the first week of November last year. Even though he wasn't my type physically, I enjoyed myself with him and we hit it off. He's a pretty wealthy man. We hung out quite a bit for the first 2 weeks. We partied together and he basically wined and dined me at nice restaurants. Sometimes he would say things like "you must be texting your bf" whenever I would look at my phone around him (which wasn't much). After a week of us hanging out we came back to my spot one night (around 11, 12 at night) and continued talking. Then he tried to kiss me and I already knew where it was leading. I told him it was too early for that and plus I wasn't a fan of kissing. He got really angry with me, and although he never yelled or got violent, I could tell he was pissed that I didn't want to be intimate with him. This happened about 2 more times and he would always just abruptly leave. We eventually talked about everything, including him seeming jealous and he apologized.
Now he has completely fallen back. He rarely texts or calls me. I'm usually the one to initiate contact. He says he doesn't want to mess up with me again, so he's letting me make all the moves first. He also said that he needed to show me that I could be replaced, hence him barely hitting me up now. He always implies that I would have to cut off my male friends (platonic) if I want to be with him. My question is, was I the one who had my guard up too much, or are these signs of a jealous/controlling man?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's just putting it in your court because he ws attracted and wanted to be more intimate. If you were attracted to him and not the wining and dining you would have kissed him back. Your call dear. He's not controlling as he is just backing off.
    The replacement dig might be a not-so-kind way of telling you he’s not going to dwell on you if you don’t give him the goods. He could have been sweeter about it but he may also not have that in him. Evaluate him and you and don’t over think things. You’re either a good catch or not one. He’s either a good catch or not as well. Simplify.

What Guys Said 1

• So what part of this sounds like a good idea to keep pursuing?

What Girls Said 1

• Fuck that. Let him replace you then.. girl, you'd be dodging a damn bullet.