I've heard mixed views on this... that perhaps girls get turned off if her parents approve of her boyfriend, but then again some seem to want to find someone who meets their parents standards.
- I want them to like him73% (8)20% (1)56% (9)Vote
- I want them to tolerate him (neither like or hate)18% (2)0% (0)12% (2)Vote
- I want them to dislike him to some extent0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- I don't care9% (1)0% (0)6% (1)Vote
- See answers0% (0)80% (4)26% (4)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
Well, it'd be way easier for me to date the person if my parents liked them.
My last ex, my parents and sister HATED and it sucked. They wouldn't even allow him to come to my house. He wasn't even allowed inside. They disliked him a lot. My sister would get pissed of at me for even talking about him.
So, yeah, I'd rather that my family liked the person I was dating. My family and I are very close so it would hurt me a lot if they didn't like the person I was dating.1