Falling for a guy who lives across the country. Should I give it up?

I met a guy a couple of months ago and we instantly hit it off. He moved across the country a few days after we met. We talked everyday and video chatted every week. I recently went to go visit him for a week and it was amazing. After all of our conversations and then experiencing his company again in person I have realized what an amazing guy he is and how much I like him. Now I'm back home and I miss him a lot. A while ago we talked briefly about how we felt and we both had feelings for each other but were too scared to get too close because of the distance. Since then, we haven't said much about our feelings but they seem pretty clear to me. He's not really the type of guy that gushes out his emotions and feelings but he shows how he cares with actions. Saying goodbye at the end of the trip was so hard. I'm not sure if I should give this up now or see where it goes. I don't even know how to ask him how he feels about it. So basically: Should I give up or see where it goes? Should I ask him how he feels or let things happen more naturally?

I'm afraid to talk to him about it because he doesn't like talking about his feelings

Most Helpful Girl

• Nearly four years ago, a man from Egypt found me on Facebook and we started a whirlwind romance. After getting to know him better on Skype, I then took off to the magical land of Cairo, where I stayed for 30 days. Things went so well that after returning home, I returned to him, where we ended up tying the knot at the Ministry of Justice... I resided there for awhile.
    I am back in the states now, however with much strife in our life, we have had many ups and downs in our marriage, many break ups and make ups and even right now, no one is speaking and sadly, I am in a new relationship.
    LDR is one of the hardest relationships to Have and to Up hold, haley21. It takes two to tango, two to make the effort and take the patience to make this work as a team. If Only one is making the effort here, dear, it can go dead real quick in the water.
    I haven't been back to see nor live with my husband in a very long time because things out in the Middle East are getting worse all the time. You have began your own beguine by going to see him so this is a good show that you have made the time and effort to want this relationship to happen and to keep it going.
    Hang in there and see where things are going from here. I feel you have a good start and by keeping the opens lines of convo open he may eventually Open up to you and start 'Talking about his feelings.'
    Life is a gamble, no guarantee. But he has some feelings for you to even keep this LDR going and flowing and by sticking it out with you, he is making his own effort on his end, even if it is keeping some thoughts he may have to himself for now... his actions are speaking louder than his words right now.
    'Saying goodbye at the end of the trip' is never easy, I know this so well... but it is mind over matter whether you want to give up after Take off or Continue to 'Take off' from where you both left off where it doesn't have to Mean----Goodbye forever, my love. The choice is yours.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, and my blessings go out to you both.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 2

• well why would you give it up before knowing how he feels? what if he decided to pursue you? talk to him about it.

• See where it goes. I think there is nothing wrong with expressing your true feelings to him.

What Girls Said 3

• Difficult situation. Honestly it depends on you. You want to give a chance?
    Tell your feelings to him. If he doesn't respond as you feel, then move on. At least you won't consume your feelings for nothing. I don't think it is a good idea to leave things naturally since your situation is different.

• Don't give it up. See where this goes! Keep talking to him/Skype with him just as you have been doing. At some point you'll get to meet up with him in person again :)

• See where it goes and ask him how he feels 😊