I had to stop being friends with my guy friend because I have feelings for him?

I recently met this guy. We were going to start a friends with benefits friendship but after having sex and hanging out (no sex) together I got confused and started ending up really liking him.

We both decided to stop having sex.

We still hang out. We always have so much fun together but it is hard because I am still attracted to him and want more.

I end up sending a text saying I can't be friends with him anymore, half explaining why, would have preferred to do it person but was not sure when I was going to see him again.

It has been a day. No response. Kind of expected that... Kind of hurt a bit he never responded. Probably did not know how to act or what to say...

Never had been in the situation before. I could not help how I was feeling. Just did what was right for me.

Guess just let it go for now?

Most Helpful Girl

• You have made a wise, mature decision on your heart's part, sweetie, and if he isn't Into anything but 'Always have so much fun together' and nothing More, nothing less, it is best to end it before you Could Again------Start a friends with benefits friendship. It could very well just 'happen' in a blink of an eye and put your poor heart in a more precarious way and want to make you Stay even longer, finding it harder to leave next time around.
    Think of yourself. Don't put you or your heart on a sleeve where it could end up a full circle down a beaten path of problems. You did 'What was right for me' and if he has a change of heart as to how you feel and what you want, he will either come to you with his tail between his legs and agree to the terms or just let sleeping dogs lie Where... No response.
    I am sure from where I am sitting that as much as on your end 'Kind of hurt a bit he never responded,' he is feeling the same thing in Not being able to push a button on his part because of his own broken heart.
    Good luck and Happy New Year, dear. xx

• I really wanted more. It hurt having to end it because I really liked him. It looked like he did not feel the same.

I wanted things to evolve naturally but did not want to waste my time as well.

I have worn my heart on my sleeve before but always gotten hurt so did this to protect myself.

I guess it is kind of a good thing he did not respond. He might be trying to figure out how he really feels about me, or not and want nothing to do with me. Time will tell.

Thanks.

• Thanks. Appreciate your advice. Not unlike the above poster. Roll eyes. Will take it on board.

• You are so welcome... Glad to oblige.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 4

• No way you're over 35. No one over the age of thirty five knows this little about themself to make not make an educated assessment that they would catch feelings.

• Not make an educated*

Damn phone typing.

• I'm just gonna leave you alone.

You seem beyond help and to top it off, you think I'm the problem when in reality, your reading comprehension isn't very good.

Why do I keep trying to help the helpless.

• LOL you are the one that needs help. 😂. Least I am getting amusement reading what you call are helpful comments. TROLL.

• Wouldn't it be better fighting for him instead?

• When he keeps pulling the friend card and telling me we can be each other's wing man when we go out no.

• ok, so just let it go.

• Let it go.

• Let it go.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, let it go... There's not much else you can really do.

• How old is this guy

• Only asking because I have been through this with a 26 year old and a 46 year old

• Yes I understand what your saying. I wish I would've been strong like you and kept it moving when I first meet him. He always hinted at a relationship but he never wanted a relationship. I did this for 2 years. I fell in love , I was loyal to him while he out here acting single. When I finally realizes he was never going to come around, I moved on it was hard but I did. I ignored men who was interested in a relationship ship with me but I was waiting on him. Now I look back and feel so foolish. So you are doing the right thing by moving on, never wait on a man.

• I hope he realises I am a strong person doing what I did.

It will be interesting hearing what he says if he contacts me again but I am not holding my breath either.