Guys would you buy a purity/promise ring for your girlfriend if she was saving herself for marriage?

Not an expensive one just a simple ring to symbolize she's waiting.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I guess, I don't know why we'd need a ring, I mean we're together, we're both waiting, why do we need a circular piece of metal to remind us?
    But if she really wanted one, then sure.

What Guys Said 10

• A promise ring is sort of a pre-engagement ring. If I were single at my age and wanted to marry someone, I'd buy them an engagement ring. Promise ring is more something you pull because you're 17 and still in school and can't get married any time soon.

If I were a teenager again, knowing what I know now, had a gf where we'd agreed to wait till marriage, and really believed we were going to marry and be compatible, i might buy a promise ring in that scenario, though there are a lot of ifs going into that.

I dont' think it's appropriate for a guy to buy a girl a purity ring. A purity ring is between her and God, not her and her boyfriend.

• sure. why not.

• Nah I'd get her a vibrator instead. Seems like something she'd have more use for.

• It's a nice gesture, but probably not something I would do. Consider I'm already down for the count on the whole "waiting for marriage" thing.

• If she can't trust me enough to have sex with me, I probably wouldn't be able to trust her with half my assets. A prenup would be a must.

• Hmm where does trust factor in? Vowing to remain a virgin until marriage doesn't mean she can't trust you.

• If you don't get half my stuff when a marriage ends and you buy your own ring, I'd be ok with it.

Trust factors in like this. I'm putting myself on the line, buying you expensive stuff like a wedding ring, then after the marriage you have the ability to take the things I worked hard for and you could just be like Nawww, I don't wanna have sex with you after the marriage. The guy in this situation puts it all on the line, the woman puts almost nothing on the line. It's a one way trust street in favor of the woman.

• I probably would not. I had one in high school and all I thought about was sex. For some reason having a symbol like that made it harder for me.

• No, would not even date such a girl.

• No I would not. For me it's expected that she would be saving herself. I mean I am

• Nope, Would do Like donkeykong

• I wouldn't date a girl who's saving herself for marriage.

What Girls Said 0