She's 33 and I'm 25. Is a 8 yr difference too huge to work out?

So I met this girl at my old job. She's older than me but I find her just awesome. Very intelligent, hard worker, nice, funny, gorgeous, and just really great to be around with. The problem is, she is older than me and I just left the job I held to go back to school. We sometimes email back and forth but truth be told I want to ask her out but I'm just afraid she wouldn't give the light of day to someone like me given that I'm going back to school to follow a dream and well she is already established, has a career and what not. Is our age age difference and different points in life going to be a problem?
Sorry for the long winded question, I just hope for honest responses.

Most Helpful Girl

• you never know, unless you try it. Go for it, and if it doesn't work out, move right along to the next.
    my parents are 10 years apart.. I think because of that I view as 10 is the limit... however, my father is the older.. which I see as more normal than the girl being older... but that doesn't mean it can't work out... I just tend to think that "MOST" girls look older than their age than guys do... and also if you both want different things in life and are not at the same level in that sense.. even if you were both the same age, it's likely to fail... It doesn't hurt to try anyway... I don't think.

What Girls Said 7

• I'm 43 and I'd have zero qualms dating someone who was 35.

At your age, eight years is nothing, if you're into her, eight years isn't a reason not to pursue it.

Seriously.

• No as long as everyone involded is mature, etc there should be no issues. Hell my great grandma married a man who was 25 years older than her and they had 13 beautiful kids. Just sucks because he died as soon as I as I was born lmao but other than that good times.

• Age difference becomes less of an issue the older you get. At the age you are talking about, i do not think it is an issue at all

• Not a big difference. Ask her out. It sounds like you two have established a friendship already. Good luck!

• I honestly think we have established a friendship already. Thank you for your opinion and the good luck

• No. The guy I like is 28 and I'm 37. As long both parties are mature, why not?

• I'm dating someone in a similar situation and while I like him, being in different stages of life is pretty difficult. I have to pay for all of our dates and he only comes to my apt because he doesn't have his own place. He wants to play drinking games and hotbox with 21 year old friends and I am too old for that crowd. Etc.

I don't see it lasting, but we're enjoying each other's company for now (I don't mean that sexually - a real relationship).

• Thank you for your opinion and I agree that being in different stages of life can be difficult.

• I'd say it's worth a shot, though! :). A relationship doesn't have to last forever to be valuable.

• Nah! I like a guy who's like 15 years older then me.

What Guys Said 2