Is dating an art or a science?

Is it logical or does it involve non logical elements?

• Science
  • Art
Probably better to say is it logical or does it come from within/human elements?

Most Helpful Guy

• Art is subjective and changes and it's perspective is changed from person to person
    Science is fact and will always be correct

Advice for dating may work for someone and fail for another... therefore dating is an art form

• From your update... yes it's instinctual
      Although some people lack the confidence to unlock it

• I see dating quite similar to a job recruitment process though, just less formalised. Is that a science or at art do you think?

• Well once again there is no perfect way to guarantee getting a job therefore like I said earlier it's subjective from person to person making it an art form

What Girls Said 4

• It requires logic but not worth over thinking. Usually, anyway.

• Dating is not logical at all

• Why not?

• I question both sides of any argument.

• If someone said its a science I'd questio that too. It's my way of getting more insight into the persons answer.

• Dating with love is art, without love is science;)

• Science. That's why it's so easy with the mind games when people do that to people. It's not hard to get into peoples heads and make them like you and make them do dumb shit they wouldn't usually do.
    It's just knowing how people work.

• Interesting, why do you think it's a science, other than mind games, considering many have said art?

• In the first place, before anything starts, physical attraction is down to science.
      How people interact, and what personality traits they like vary from person to person. The persons own personality is also a specific thing. When it comes to who we'll stay with after the initial physical attraction, it's only about the two peoples personality. Like what my friend will put up with with men, my other friend wouldn't, or what one person expects in a partner somebody else expects something else. Not in a bad way, but there are weaker and stronger people, and somebody weaker might accept more bad things to.
      I don't know, I just think it's all in the mind.
      It's just down to how our minds work, and how our bodies react to each other. Plus, I know there's certain things anybody can do, no matter their looks, that can get the person they like attached to them if they can just talk to them for 5-10 mins. Anybody. If it was an art, only some people could do it.

What Guys Said 6

• Both. A definition of art is: "The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination" For dating you have to know the basics and some basic small convo abilities along with a few well-timed moves. But every date goes differently so you have to use creativity in those situations.

• So like a job recruitment process.

• i believe that true dating is an art because when you have true feelings for someone you are attached to them via the primal, instinctive part of your mind

• Art!
    They made the term pick up artists for a reason not pick up scientists

• Lol pick up scientists. That sounds weird.

• Zorro hit it on the head. It's an art form.

• For some it's a fart or silence.

• anything that involves women is not logical