Why are Hispanic girls so closed off to dating white guys?

It seems that where I live, at least, Latinas are very standoffish with white guys. It's like there's this barrier between us that they refuse to cross. I had one Hispanic girl tell me that it would be hard for a white guy to understand her culture, but it can't be be any more cryptic than any other culture. I'm attracted to Latinas, but it seems like they're set on only dating Hispanic guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it all has to do with environment because where I'm from its very common to see hispanics mixing with blacks or whites.

• Where are you from?

• New York

• Here in Texas, I think there's a stronger link to La Raza given our proximity to Mexico and Central America.

What Girls Said 5

• You might be unattractive since every Latina I see is with a white guy

• Nope, I'm very attractive, so that's not an issue. White girls have no issue dating and having sex with me.

• I'm to be completely honest here, its either because they want to pleases there parents or they are simply not attracted to them.

• So which is it? Are Hispanic girls not attracted to white guys, or do their parents really think that dating a white guy will bring shame upon their families?

• Is it the whole "white devil" myth that many minorities use to justify dislike of all white people?

• No not really, it more of they won't be good enough for you, which I think is stupid because a race doesn't define if they'll be good with you or not

• Not true, I think it is where yku live. I believe they do like caucasian guys.

• I think Hispanic girls believe that white guys have a weird culture that is somehow alien to their own. They see differences instead of similarities.

• it is cultural differences and it is natural to have it but it is same for all interracial rs

• It depends where you live. Around here a lot of Latinas are open to dating outside their culture but I mostly see Black and Latina couples. I'm Latina myself but it rarely has to do with culture. Some girls just can't find non-Latinos attractive or they can't take them seriously dating wise. They think people will make fun of them.

• Why can't y'all take white guys seriously? We are guys, just like Hispanic or black guys.

• Im a latina and I'm into any type of guy seriously, it looks like white guys don't notice us, do they? I mean seriously there's this white guy nxt door around my age he never seems to notice me.

• No, not true. Lots of white guys are into Hispanic girls.

• Ikr!!! Im not lesbian i just like her, and I've heard some white girls try to pretend to be latina I don't know I've heard about it like get a tan and then do stuff and all, I'm not sure though, its not like I'm hating on them just curious

• Yes, most white girls tan themselves to look more attractive.

What Guys Said 6

• in my opinion hispanic= white
    But why always that obsession with skin color/ origins?

• Some Hispanics are black so you can't really say they = white.

• I don't think there are many 100 'pure' (lol) phenotypes in the world and certainly not in America.

Maybe on some isolated island in the Pacific or deep in the Amazone forrest but elsewhere there has been so much mass migration during the last 25000 years that about everyone is 'of mixed origin' to some extend.

• edit *100% pure

• maybe its exactly because of what you stated, where you live. the Hispanic/latina girls in my area seem open to dating anyone, but then again, everyone here is whitewash as fuck.

• I live in an area that's about 35% Hispanic. I guess there's enough Latin guys for them to mess with.

• Someone forgot to tell my girlfriend that, haha. I've probably dated Latinas as much as anyone. Depends on how immersed in their culture they are though.

• Traditional values tends to be the mainstay behind that behavior. You'll find that a lot in areas with a stronger sense of tradition.

• Not many girls want white guys anymore.

• They think that white guys aren't going to commit, since they come from a socially superior race.