When my bf meets my mother over dinner, should he offer to pay for the meal when the check arrives?

Pretty simple question.

If yes, should I offer him money prior to going out just in case? I say that because he is in a financial snag at the moment with his home and I know money is tight.

• He should offer to pay; offering him some money before hand would be nice
  • He should offer to pay; he should pay out of his own pocket though regardless of financial situation
  • He should not offer to pay
  • Other.

Most Helpful Guy

• He should.

• He should and I should offer money?
      Does that take a shot at his ego or add stress?

• Thank you.

• Good luck with your deceit! \o/

What Guys Said 2

• Be fair and split the bill.

• if you do know its tight for him right now, just dont let him pay. as long as he's not paying, i dont see a diference in you giving him money to pay, or your mom paying. i think he'll think the same

What Girls Said 2

• It's courteious.
    But it's something he doesn't have to do, she isn't his date.
    as long as he is well mannered I doubt if he pays or not, if that will change her judgment about him.

• who intived who?

• No one invited anyone. My mom demands to meet him lol so it is just happening

• don't offer him the money. just go and see what he does when the check is dropped.