Why do some guys play it coy?

Like this guy im talking to (we aren't official or anything but we cuddle and hook up), he'll randomly say "I miss you a little bit" and we'll joke about it. When we hang out and there's a silence in our conversation, he'll look at me and say "i kinda like you". But he says it almost every time we hang out.

Why only a little bit, or kinda? I've mentioned that my ex was too clingy and it turned me off. But he mentioned he's the clingy type. Not sure if that's why.

Why do some guys play it coy?

What Guys Said 2

• To keep you interested. If he said "I love you so much I never want to be apart" then you'd be turned off. If he said "I don't like you", you'd believe him and be hurt. He's taken the happy medium where he comes off as interested in you but not clingy.

• Because you wouldn't be interested otherwise, and you'd probably friendzone him.

What Girls Said 0