How do I deal with this , he's so negative it's getting me down?

I don't get to see my long distance bf so it's only once a month we met up last night and had a lovely night but today he's been so moody about work , very negative , he even said I've got to laugh or I'll commit suicide on my way home :/ ... I feel down from all of this , I've tried to comfort him make him feel better but no he's moody about work :( what do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps he's going through some crap? You'd better try to find out what is making him negative, and then see what best you can do.

• It's work it's getting him down he's cery depressed over it , he's so upset today

• Tell him to quit this job which is affecting him badly, and you'll support and encourage him when he is looking for a new one.

• I can't deal with this anymore it's getting me down and I'm usually such a happy person , it's all I've heard from him for most of the time we have known each other is his work !! Maybe I should just call it a day?'

What Guys Said 3

• A relationship can be effected really badly by a bad job or work situation. Encourage him to find something better and explain it may help him and even you!

I made the mistake of letting a crap job bring myself down and with it I lost my relationship. If I could speak to your boyfriend that's what I would say.

• Blow his willy according to my mate Terrence that solves 50% of all problems.

• if he does this with just work, he could be like me. i just hate working with every fiber that i have, so no matter how happy i am in life, ill always have a bad mood when im going to my shit job, so i could even say the exact same thing. jokingly of course... it would not mean im emotionally manipulative or anything

What Girls Said 2

• Hello there. first of all take a deeeep breath.
    Now, men stress a lot about their jobs. they feel that their job defines them and if they are good at what they do, they are happy.
    Since your guy is feeling so low the best you could do is to tell him that you believe he will get past this, show that you believe in him! encourage him but don't talk to him too much about it. leave him work through this by himself (he is a man he needs to feel he is strong enough on his own) but still be there for him. don't be his mother though!!

• Just feel upset after a nice night all this negativity :/ didn't even ask how my day has been nothing !

• Well we had a good night last night , and to be honest most of the time I've known him he always tells me how much he hates work ! It's getting to me , I have bad days and I don't say anything because I don't want to get anyone down , he hardly texted today and when he did it was negativity about work and said if he doesn't laugh about it he will commit suicide on the way home !!

• He is just being overly dramatic. see it this way though:he shared his feelings. in relationships you share good and bad. i dont say become a doormat, but learn to live with his bad traits as you do with his good traits. its your choice how you react to it. he is not attacking you personally.

• Long distance things never work

• Stop being a negative Natalie.

• Whatever Trevor ;)

• I no what your saying its been 14 months and we get on well it's just today he's been off and moody about work he didn't even ask how my day has been :/ oh well