Is it normal to feel really nervous around someone new your dating?

I've been on about 4-5 dates with this guy and I really like him. Sometimes I feel really nervous around him, he just tried calling and I feel like I acted really nervous and awkward. I'm worried my shyness will ruin things. Should I be worried, is an awkward phone call a bad sign in the beginning?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think all you have to do is take your time and try not to get to worked up and nervous. I think these nerves could be butterflies because you like him. And I think with time you can work on and improve the telephone thing. Just pretend your talking with a best friend. Also how do you act on the dates? How did you act nervous and awkward on the phone?

• I don't feel as awkward on the dates. I mean there's some awkward moments but overall it's really good. I think it just happens more when he calls because I'm not used to having guys be so great I'm worried I'm going to mess it up and I really like him.

• That is very good that you don't feel awkward on the dates. With the phone thing I think that is so good that he calls you. Try not to worry and just go with the flow with things. I think things will be find and don't negative about messing things up think positive and be happy. Don't over analyze the situation.

What Guys Said 3

• ASKING THEM OUT: Don't screw it up, don't screw it up!
    DATE SECURED, OUT ON THE FIRST DATE: Don't screw it up, don't screw it up!
    FIRST KISS: Don't screw it up, don't screw it up!
    SEX: Don't screw it up, don't screw it up!
    DATING OVER A MONTH NOW: Cool, I got this now. *screws it up anyway*

It's all part of getting to know each other, relax :)

• I'm just figuring this out myself. If they really care for you, they'll be OK with you being nervous, and vice versa.

• maybe you should just casually mention that you sometimes get nervous when talking to him. if he doesn't know and can't see it, he might really think that you are a bit awkward/not interested.

What Girls Said 1

• Totally because you never know what to expect (well kind of), your scared of being hurt and they would turn out to be a total douche bag lol, so it's natural, we all feel the same way.