Any other girls into older guys? Daddy complex?

I'm 18 years old and ever since I was 15, I've been extremely attracted to older men. It doesn't matter how much older they are as long as they're good looking. My friends always pick on me and say that I have a daddy complex because I've always dated men who were a lot older, that liked to take care of me and spoil me (not spoiling with objects or gifts, but gave me my way). Maybe it was because I saw the movie Lolita (1997) and saw an older man fall in love with a young girl. Is it weird that I feel this way? Are there any other girls in the same boat, or any other men on here that have a thing for younger girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't understand why there's a "daddy complex" because some girls like older men. That's so stupid lol

• Omg yess, exactly. I'm so tired of getting shit about it lol

• You are right but daddy complex is not just plain, as loving older man. If she sees in him her dad , she tries to fill her daddy image with her partner then it is a daddy complex. Usually it happens with the girls who have not experienced a dad figure in their life. Older men doesn't necessarily means daddy complex.

• @findingdreamland makes sense!

What Guys Said 13

• My wife was the same, had several relationships with guys 10+ years older than her, and usually married. I always put it down to her moving away from home to another country where she had father figure that she always had at home (she is close to her dad), so she was using these guys to compensate somehow. Not sure that's right though, amatuer psychology is always a guess at best.

Think she got it out of her system though, she's only 4 years younger than me, don't think that's enough of a gap for the term 'daddy complex' to apply, hope not anyway!

I think it's a pretty common phase for women to go through in their early 20s.

• im going to get geeky here. It makes sense for girls to like older men, and vice versa. older males have more experience in raising young, and younger women are more fertile. its hard wired into us.

an older male has the experience and strength to protect his family while a younger female is more likely to have an uncomplicated birth which results in a lower mortality rate.

the same behaviour can be seen in other primates. so to answer your question, you are perfectly normal.

• Although age is not that much of a factor for me, I do generally prefer to date younger girls, as I often find younger girls to be more energetic, vibrant and fun! As long as the girl is honest, trustworthy and loyal, then I have no problem in dating a girl who is younger than myself... :o)

• Don't mind me just an older than you guy passing by.

• 0|1
  • Who wouldn't wanna score on dem yung and fresh cuties 😋

• So if it doesn't matter how much older could he be 2 weeks older? Also how is your relationship with your father... since you mentioned the daddy complex? Just wondering

• I should add I don't believe in that complex you just seek more mature guys I guess men who are more willing to settle down

• I'm not here to judge so you don't need to say it sounds bad lol
      Do you subconsciously seek approval from these guys? Because in that sense then there would be a daddy issue if you are looking for a father figure other than that it's fine the only problem is that older guys don't often treat younger girls like their equal but rather someone they can manipulate.. not all but a good amount

• I think in a lot of ways it makes sense... you look for someone who is mature and ready to settle with a family and older guys look to younger girl such as yourself for higher rates of fertility because after 30 women lose a lot chances to have kids

• I'm so glad I'm an older guy so I can dig myself

• Not a big issue, I found many girls with older man to thier age, some girls specially like older one, as they have all expriences of life that is mainly in sexual. They easly guide and themselves for pragnancy as better safe if they are alret to this. They also keep it secret.

• does you ever has any encounter with them..

• ur cute, im older than u lol =P

• Hot very hot

• Well, when you were 15, if you had sexted those men, you would have gone to juvy for something called distribution of child P*rnography . Just sayin'

• Okay well that's the past now haha

• I'm saying if you had, and you were caught doing it

What Girls Said 15

• I like older men too. I don't know. A lot of younger guys are immature. And around my area, I mean they wanna join gangs or something. I don't like that. By their late 20s or early 30s, if they haven't joined a gang, they probably won't. I really, really, dislike gangbangers.
    Plus, I love beards. And older guys usually have their shrexy beards and facial hair <3
    I can't date a younger guy. I'm sorry, but if I have more mustache than you, we're gonna have problems haha

• Yoooo, I understand this completely. Some older men just kinda do it for me, you know?

• Just because you like older men does not mean you have daddy issues. My father and I are very close. Always have been. I am 18 and my boyfriend is 27. He is very smart, sexy, owns two businesses and yes, is 9 years older than me. That is just the way things worked out. Don't sweat it!

• My guy is 11 years older than me.
    I'm 19.
    I just like older guys.
    And a few girls too.
    MMM

• Older men are so much better. The problem is that most of them are married and have families and stuff :(

• I've never felt that way. Then again, I've always had a pretty neat relationship with my father.

• I prefer younger guys.

what's that say about me? what's my complex?

• I think older guys are really sexy and so much more mature

• I have had this complex ever since I was 12 and I am now 18. You're not the only one :)

• As long as the guy's hot I don't care how old he is. I don't have a daddy complex though, those things creep me out.

• Age just the number

• My crush is 9 years older so yeah.

• So I feel bad for saying this but I'm 14 and attracted to a 49 year old man. Please don't judge me. People always think of me differently as if I'm a slut or a whore. I just like older men. I'm pretty sure he isn't interested that would make him a pedophile. He likes younger women in their 20s. I just don't feel right for some reason.

• Wow!
      that's pretty crazy.
      Baby he is waay too old for you.
      For real
      He could get a life sentence in jail for almost just hanging with you.

• I know. But he knows that cause he's a lawyer.

@crazyincalifornia

• I remember I was dating this old man once and:
    Me: Spank me daddy
    Old man: I am not ready to be a father

• I've always felt the same way

• What's the biggest age difference you've had?

• I met a few hot men around 50. But the oldest I've had is 14 years older at 23. I am still 23 and I fhink older are sexy but I prefer between 30 and 32. Not too old for a relationship