Romanticizing a guy I met online, has anyone experienced this?

I met a guy online about 3 months ago. We met on a dating site, eventually exchanged numbers. Now we text and talk on the phone, more texting than anything, and snap chat. He's 31 and I'm 23. He lives about 4 hours away from me in another state. We haven't met in person yet, but have talked about it and plan to soon. I think I've been romanticizing all of it too much because he seems perfect! We have the same sense of humor and enjoy lots of the same things. He has 2 children, neither of which live with him (travels a lot with the military) but he's defn a good dad from what I can tell. He says that I'm the most fantastic woman he's ever met. He sent me flowers to my work the other day! How do you think you're falling for someone you've technically never met? It's the damnedest thing!! Tell you your experience... did it work, was it worth the effort even if it didnt?

No expectations, i just find him fascinating. I k own better than to get my hopes up , or think we'll hit it off and live happily ever after. .. I'm more realistic than that. However, he makes me smile, and has me intrigued. . Which is hard to do.. therefore I want to know more.

Most Helpful Guy

• its always a weird situation. im not a fan of this because the longer you wait to meet face to face, will only keep increasing your expectations and therefore you will be much more disappointed if its not what you wanted. but since it doesn't make sense to travel for hours to meet a stranger, i just dont put any time in it from begin with.
    but in your case, i would maybe just go through with it. you have to know if whats waiting for you really is what you hoped. you took a risk but you already made the investment, now you have to see if it was profitable or not. maybe you are lucky, if not, at least you learned something from it.
    maybe just be sure and meet somewhere safe first. im always a bit suspicious in those situations tbh

What Guys Said 4

• I'm going through the same thing. I write a woman in prison. I asked her if she thought it was possible to people to fall in love if they've never met. She said she thought so because the looks are out of the equation and you tend to be more honest in writing. I've also heard that its a fantasy that you're only falling in love with the idea of the person. I know I have real feelings for the woman I write to. We've sent photos of each other and are planing on meeting later this year when she can get me approved as a visitor. It won't be a contact visit though. I guess my answers is I don't know. I wish it can really happen but all I can do is play it out and see what happens.

• I met a girl on Facebook who hails from Syria, and is currently studying medicine in Turkey. Things escalated, and now we do video chat almost every night. I shifted my work schedule to allow for it, but she still stays up until midnight to do it.

We agreed from the start to take things slow. We can't know anything until we meet in person and spend some time together. Still, we enjoy each others' company, and for now, we'll just keep finding ways to do so. We're teaching each other how to cook different foods. :)

She'll be coming to the states this summer for an internship. We'll try to meet in person then. You just need to temper your expectations, take it slow, and remember things may not be exactly as you thought.

• Honeymoon phase.

• All the time baby 😘

What Girls Said 0