My boyfriend wants to know how far I've gone with a guy?

My boyfriend wants to know the furtherest I've ever gone and I'm not comfortable telling him but he won't drop it, what do I do?

Been together a month

Most Helpful Guy

• You aren't obligated to tell him, but I feel like it's not really healthy long-term for a relationship if you continue to generally be unwilling to share private information about yourself with a partner (I mean, if you can't even share basic information like that with your boyfriend, then what kind of genuine friendship is that underlying the partnership?) ... if it's a habit not to tell him things, it will leave him guessing, wondering, and could leave him feeling a bit like you don't regard him as close, and like he can't 'reach you' or share private things with you.

On the other hand, you are still very young and only been together a month, so give the relationship more time. Maybe tell him something like you will tell him in a few months time, once you've been together longer.

Maybe it's because I'm older also but I would find it off-putting if my girlfriend wouldn't share information like that. I'm not saying she's obligated to, just that I would feel like mentally she didn't regard me as a 'close confidant', and thus probably isn't really mentally full engaged in having a proper relationship.

What Guys Said 8

• he wants to know so that he knows how far he can go. Just tell him, its not a big deal.

• if he ask and you dont say anything.. he will start think you were like a p*rn star or something..
    you should speak.. but not give details.. or dont say any numbers.. just you can say all happened at past.. make him feel comfortable about this topic..

• You say to him "I don't discuss my past, and won't ask about yours. If this is a deal breaker, we might want to move on now"

• Just say you're not very comfortable talking about it and ask him to tell you how far he's been with a girl then if you feel comfortable tell him. Personally in a new relationship I wouldn't want to know but thats just me.

• Depends how long you've been dating him. If it's like a week, then all he wants is what's in your pants. But I got another theory. But I have to know how long you've been dating.

• Only a month

• Ah, ok. Maybe he just a curious bastard, but maybe you should ask him to cool it down a bit, you know?

• In what context? Lol?

• He's your boyfriend. You obviously trust him with whatever information you tell him. Why can't you tell him?

• Not been dating him for long enough and it makes me nervous that he wants to know something like that

• Do what other girls do. Lie.

What Girls Said 3

• Tell him you're not comfortable with telling him about your past with guys. If he really WILL NOT drop it, tell him you won't tell him because of him bothering you about it. Even tell him you're getting tired of him bothering about it and you wish he'd quit it.

• If you don't want to tell him then don't. Explain to him that it makes you uncomfortable, if he keeps pushing then he obviously doesn't respect your decision or privacy

• Then don't tell him until you get to know him better
    Maybe ask him to go first