Is kissing something people learn or is it just instinctive?

How do people know what to do and why are some better at it than others? Are people who have never kissed or aren't good at kissing doomed to be single forever?

• Learnt skill
  • Instinct
Select a gender to cast your vote:

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it starts as an instinct first.. (Maybe some people get a feel for how to do such things when watching movies, observing people in public *in a non-creepy way I hope*)
    And then it's basically a learnt skill, so the more you learn to kiss the better you become at it, hence the part where you said "how do people get to be good kissers" is because they learn and practice lol
    I don't think people who haven't kissed wouldn't be doomed at all, it's not the kissing part that will doom you guys/girls, its the venture to look for someone who you can do such things with you.

• What do you mean?

• The last paragraph.

• If you don't know how to kiss someone (or if you have never kissed someone) it's not a deal breaker. That's like the last thing you should be worried about, finding someone to have a relationship with you is probably the first.. How else will you kiss someone then right? Lol

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's learnt. Everyone knows how to kiss because they've either seen it or have experienced it. Overtime, I think one learns how to perfect their own kissing technique. Kind of like a signature. Everyone kisses differently.

• I think its a combination of the two. People who kinda already have it in them get better from seeing it done by people around them, television, and whatever else they see kissing in.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you can be non-crap by instinct, but to get GOOD you need to learn it as a skill.

• It's a little of both, it's instinct but you do actually learn to get better at it the more you do it and with different people.