Is it wrong to not want to be her friend?

So I dated this girl for a year, and a half. We had something really strong & she meant the world to me. We were best friends & bf/gf. I practically bent over backwards for her, but towards the end it wasn't working out. We continuously had fights over the smallest of things & she ended it a little over a month ago. She wants to stay friends, but I can't see her as anything less & it's hard to talk to her the same. So is it wrong for me to cut her out of my life, even though she is/was one of my best friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• You really should try. Give her a chance. I'm on her end of this. My guy and I have been fighting since we broke up and it breaks my heart every time. I'm trying to be his friend and I guess I'm failing. So don't hurt her like this. At least try. She needs a chance.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• its hard to remain friends after bonding with someone in an intimate way, you gotta see and hear about all of their new adventures without you lol. I say its not wrong, just tell her its not what you want.

• No, It's not wrong, you were in love with her and she ended it. You need time and space to get over her, and you can't do that if she's constantly in your face.

• It's not wrong, if it brings you pain to see her tell her you need some time alone to get over her. And if you never want to see her again after that, just don't contact her. If she contacts you say "I don't think I can handle you in my life, leave me alone please."

• That is wrong.

• No, it's not. Walk away. She ended it, you owe her nothing.

• Not wrong at all. I NEVER stay friends with my exes, simply because I find that if I don't I'll move on quicker - which I do.

• Nope nothing wrong with that. I used to like a girl myself but I cut a her off so I could live my life and move on who knows if I'll ever talk to her again all I know I'm doing way better with out her.