If a girl has a dating profile and she says she isn't looking for a relationship?

In the body of her profile she says she doesn't want anything serious, then at the end of the profile in brackets it says
(Not looking for friends with benefits , or one night stands)

What does this mean? Is she simply lying? doesn't know what she wants? Does she want friends? Or casual dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that a lot of girls on dating sites are insecure (hence being on dating sites) and so they are self-conscious about having a profile. They would love to be in a relationship (hence being on dating sites), but to make themselves look less desperate and save their egos, they just say they're looking for friends or some shit. Obviously a lot of guys will assume that means they just want to hook up so they add the "not looking for friends with benefits or ons" at the end to try and weed those guys out. It could be a lot of other things too, but that's my primary hypothesis.

• This sounds very accurate.

What Girls Said 3

• It probably means that she has created a dating profile in order to get her ego stroked.

• I'm pretty sure she means casual dating.

• So dating, but not serious enough to be exclusive?

• Oh really why? And sure, no problem.

• Just not a situation I would want to be in. If there is no pressure or too serious then I don't see why we shouldn't date other people, seems a bit immature to me, just a personal opinion.

• What do you think it means? Jeez

• I think she doesn't really understand her needs or wants, and she is really looking for any of those things lol...

What Guys Said 5

• She wants to go on dates. No hookups but no proper serious boyfriend.

I've noticed these weird contradictions too. Girls who talk at length in their profile about what they want from a boyfriend (even using that word) but then have 'friends' in their 'what I'm looking for' section. Or the opposite!

• It is soooo annoying.

• I get you. Thats fucked up. She just wants you to pay her dinner twice a week

• she's probably just there to make new connections.

• She's after a free lunch x1000.

• Exactly dude. Goddamn bitches everywhere

• Well I'd hope she isn't so desperate she needs money for food :(

• You never know.

• It means she wants to date. It's sort of like shopping for a guy. She's not ready to make a large purchase, but if she happens upon a sale... That's what "dating" means.