How long should you wait to date after you break up?

Especially if you were the one who ended the relationship because you weren't getting what you needed. How long should someone wait if at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• as long as you feel like. you can start dating again right away if you wanted too.

What Guys Said 4

• I'd give it a couple of hours before dating again, maybe even a whole day before sleeping with anyone else.

Unless they're really hot of course.

• It's not really an exact answer. I mean, it's defferent for many people. I think that when you've moved on completely you're ready to date again.

• You should wait till this feeling of (I need to date someone) fade away.. so you won't hurt yourself or anyone else

• It's up to you... only you know when you're ready

What Girls Said 3

• It's different for everyone. Heartbreaks effect people differently. You just need to give yourself time until you feel yourself willing to open up to someone new. I've been there. You just need to give yourself time, I promise. People may think there's a time limit on how long you can be upset over a break up but there really isn't. Patience is key. Focus on yourself for a bit and soon enough you'll be back on the dating scene!

• I find I'm good to go date after 3 months.

• When ever your ready. Just make sure your completely over him before you move on.