Do you think romantic movies create unrealistic expectations?

Everything always works out in movies. The nerdy guy gets the hot girl. The girl falls in love with her stalker instead filing a restraining order. there's fireworks and everything

Most Helpful Guy

• no. if you can't read a person's mind it tends to be hard to read their expectations. Imagination alone can lead you a long ways. Money alone can lead you a long ways. Put them together you never know what you can get. Seems to me thats what makes it easy to do what you want to do, if you want to make your girls dreams come true you have to be able to pay for any tickets you might get cuz some shit is illegal even though its a fantasy of hers or yours. But I would say if you're interested in making your ladies dreams come true in some sort of way, just use your imagination man. It's a powerful thing.

What Girls Said 12

• It creates a false idea of what low is. Too many girls think loving someone means every moment is passionate, exciting, adventurous, and unconditional. But in reality staying at home and eating Chinese food is an average relationship. But movies make them think everyone is out hang gliding each weekend, when they're just normal

• I know! It's annoying in books and movies when there's a situation similar to mine and it all works out perfectly in like a week! That's unreal and deceiving, yo

• Yes they do

• Yes but I do believe they should put more nerdy guys in movies. I like them :)

• Yes definiteley,

• yes because you expect something like the movies but in reality that's not how it is

• Sometimes.

• Not necessarily. But does perhaps make people a little naive, in regard to things.

• Yes movies make you think relationships are perfect

• Yes , definitely

• For me... not really. The romantic movies I love are pretty upsetting, in a good way. Sure, I would want my life to be like some parts of the movies, but I know it won't be so I don't really expect any of it to happen. It's just a good way to pretend for a couple of hours, but you have to get back to reality.

• No. People should be smart enough to know it's just a movie and life isn't like that.

What Guys Said 11

• In many cases they do. But also don't. Many people do understand that the movies are fake, but if they're hellbent on a "fantasy" of theirs then they'll be obsessed with it.

• they do create unrealistic expectations about 90% of the time for 90% of the people lol.

• Of course they do. It's women's version of emotional p*rn .

• Romantic movies to girls are like p*rn for guys. Don't we all wish the baby sitter, the teacher, or the nurse was some hot nasty slut? Of course, but that never really happens. It's all fantasy.

• Just like p*rn , it's fake.

• hollywood is full of beta males

• Yes, absolutely, but they are escapism. People generally don't go to the movies to witness real life, because real life sucks.

• Yes. Because of romantic movies, 99% of women are extremely lazy in relationships and want the guy to do absolutely everything so that they don't have to do anything

• Whoever uses fictional media as basis for their perception of the world, deserves to get fooled.

• yes they are cliché and unrealistic

• Yes many girls think they'll get a prince on white horse. But they get horse on white prince.