Turned off by guys my own age?

I am turning 24 and finishing law school in a few months. I went out with a guy my age who is still in college. I usually date older guys... and I was so turned off by this guy. I felt like I could easily walk all over him and like I was more sophisticated and intelligent. I hope that doesn't sound mean. Not all the older guys I dated were even as educated as I am. But they were more sophisticated and mature because of their age.

Am I just used to older men or was this guy just wrong for me?

Gosh, I'm not saying all men are bad. All I am saying is that I feel more attracted to a man who is older than me.

Most Helpful Guy

• You took the LSAT, you should know the correlation vs. causation game by now :). Have you dated other guys your age who made you feel similarly, or was it just this one? There's a difference between being 24 and in law school and being 24 and in undergrad. Not to knock people who take a different path, but there is a certain mentality about being in college that I think you will agree has pretty much disappeared by midway through 3L. Really, the only way to find out is to increase the sample size. Of course, there are ethical dilemmas involved with treating your dating life as a social experiment, but it would give you the answer you seek. Otherwise, just date whoever you like. A few years between you isn't that big of a deal, and will decrease in significance the older you get.

What Guys Said 4

• Men built this world yet just because you females got to school and learn how to be good little social tools you think you're better than men. Men paved the roads, men built houses and technology and men designed everything around you.

Never forget this.

• Congrats, you're into older men. Hooray?

• Nah, you're just a boring lawyer

• Right on! Im interning at a law firm! Are you trying to get in to any specific type of law?

What Girls Said 3

• omg I feel ya. Guys my age just dont do it for me. Naive, lazy, unrealistic expectations, unintelligent, no idea what's going on in the world, not opinionated. UGH

• Lol keep the past-its, more young hotties for us!

• Why don't you just find someone in law school, rather than looking down on everyone?

• I don't care if the guy is a lawyer or not. My last boyfriend didn't even finish college but because he was older I felt like we had more to talk about/he was more interesting (8 years older)

• So then if you already know that the age is a factor, then what was truly the purpose of your question?

People who are more educated, of course mature faster, than those without.

The only other way to mature is age.