Has anyone ever stayed single on purpose?

Has anyone here purposely stayed single for a reason or reasons? As in you wanted to work on yourself, save up money etc. If yes, did u accomplish what u wanted to do before meeting someone special?

• Yes, I had my reasons
  • No, you might miss out on someone special
  • I tried to but wound up meeting someone
  • boats n hoes

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep, being doing it since I had my kid because I'm not settling for the pathetic, sleezy guys who think I havr no standards because I'm a single mother. I'm working on me anf waiting for a man who is everything I want. I'm not desperate enough to waste time with men I don't want a future with.

What Girls Said 12

• I don't have trust issues, and I've not been hurt or anything, but I just don't really want to be in a relationship. I find the whole idea to be a bit limiting, really. Don't get me wrong, I understand how nice intimacy can be in that context, but I just don't like the idea of being exclusive to one person. To like, have to be around them all the time, and make sure your relationship is strong, and not say the wrong thing, it just doesn't suit my personality, really.

• I can see what u mean. Maybe now's just not the time for u. But love happens when u least expect it.

• Yes single by choice. I think I mentioned to you my nasty break up. So I won't be dating probably for a while. I need to work on loving myself more anyways. And raising Pokemon since ORAS came out :P

• I have stayed single purposely. Some of my reasons are these: I dont like commitment that the kids of my generation are asking for nowadays. I never find the chiseled he god that matches my status of goddess, rawr. I think people are whining whimps nowadays to self reliant on instant gratification. Too many guys with a "mommy/mother me" complex bc they feel they lack a lot of direction in life. Lastly romantic relationships are revoluting to me, they're where happiness goes to die. I love my single life I dont need to pretend to care and love to much (honestly thats the hugest struggle, bc I just dont care enough or at all.). I can come and go anywhere I like without explination. Talk to whoever without a side eye. Make decions and plans without an idiot to question me. I love the power of sole governance, what can I say...

• my current situation, so yes. I'm still working on myself.

• Yes, I wanted to work on myself and had my plans so didn't date until I had everything done

• Yes i am now haha. Uhmm i had some trouble with my ex, and well, im in love with this other guy, but i dont want to rush it or anything, so yeah, im single for now, but i might ask him out next month :D

• I did stay single all through high school because I wanted to focus on studies. Once I finished school, I didn't actively search for a partner, but I ended up meeting someone (my current boyfriend) anyway.

• Yes I am single by choice.
    I have trust issues

• I'm to her on purpose, because guys my age lie

• Ughhhhh
      I'm single on purpose ***** I mean
      Wtf is wrong with my autocorrect

• The connection between you and the ex can have damaging effects once its ended. I know for a fact I was getting mad shit for not moving on and dating after my ex... who moved on after 3 months. We have been broken up for a yr now and he has had 3 new gf's.. I have dated but still single. The crap he pulled and the hurt he did verbally had made me very cautious about getting into another relationship... I hate being single but what can ya do about it.. If there is no connection then there is no point.

• I have my very own reasons to stay single, first guys that I'm intrested into they don't seem to like me, I'm not sure why, but I do feel that guys get intimidated by me, secondly I want to get to see at least 5-10 of my cousins or close friends got knocked up or married because they would extremely complain about having to raise kids. They should think about the consequnces first. and last but not least I haven't yet found a guy that would stand beside me on the same whole level as I'm.

• I want to accomplish my career goals first then I'll get into relationship.

What Guys Said 14

• of course.

single = more time for video games & GAG XD XD XD

• I'm choosing to stay single, of course when you give people the "it's my choice" response, they think it's bs. But I don't want to commit to one girl right now, I like the variety.

• Yup been relationshipless for 4 years by choice... but not sexless... Working on what I love without having someone cling on me or expect a text every 2.5 min of every fucking hour of every fucking day... No relationship drama= stressfree quiet life= an introverts dream.

• Yes, I decided to stay single until I got my career in order which was incredibly easy to do since there are almost no women in my classes I'm taking to become an electrician.

• 0|1
  • Back in high school, yes because I really feared it would distract me from my studies. and at one point, it did.
    As for now, I'm not looking for anyone. being single is enjoyable in itself but if the opportunity arises, I don't think I would back away from it this time :P

• Oh yeah I've been single by choice. I got a lot done with what I wanted. It can be hard to resist certain girls though.

• I always would have loved a girlfriend but pretty much no girls are interested in me in that way.

• I was concentrating on my future and didn't feel like I had the time to deal with a relationship.

• For various reasons dating is not in my best interests at the moment.

• not only that, there is an entire online community of people who forsake all relationships with females. You should definitely google your question... you'll get a better idea

• Yeahhh, that's totally why I'm single now.

• i am single so i can devote my life to being a dirty old man

• Yes... here i am... not that i didn't get the chance, but i just looked at the career i was after which would be ruined if i got in a relationship! And i am still avoiding it!