Why do tall guys go for short girls?

I'm a tall girl - and I'm talking 6' tall. Dating is something I constantly find to be a struggle because of my height. Obviously short guys are going to go for short girls.. But why are tall guys going for short girls too? ( I know this isn't for ALL tall guys. But I find this with majority)

Most Helpful Guy

• Tall girls have long legs and look better in dresses which makes them more feminine. The reason you don't see many guys with girls who are 5'11 and taller is simply because there are not many girls that height to begin with. Also, generally short girls have issues with their lack of height and feel drawn to tall men to make up for it, so they go after tall guys, often quite aggressively so. As a tall guy, I can tell you it's always pushy short girls who are after me and it's annoying. I don't look at them as dating material, it would be awkward plus it turns me off when someone is child-sized, I just can't see them in any sexual or romantic way. It's so sexy when a girl is closer to my eye-level and when I don't have to bend down or feel like her Dad when walking down the street.

What Guys Said 19

• I'm 6'4", and I'll date a girl of any height, honestly. Historically, I seem to prefer shorter girls, but height is actually way, way, way down my list of priorities. I date them because of the person that they are.

I would definitely prefer to be with someone who I connect with on an emotional and intellectual level, rather than a purely physical one. If that girl happens to be short, then I will date her; if she happens to be tall, then I would date her. If I can see myself being happy with who she is, I would never turn her down for being tall.

Given the choice between two girls who are, say 5'2", and 6'0", I would choose the one who makes me happy, and loves me, regardless of her height.

• well I don't think they intentionally go for short girls, it just so happens that a lot of guys are tall and they go for what they find attraction in a girl, who happens to be short. :D

• More often than not, this is an issue of girls not wanting shorter guys than guys not wanting taller girls.

• I just like girls shorter than me 6' is fine with me

• A lot of guys are willing to date a girl taller than them... but most girls want a taller guy only because they need to feel safe and tiny I guess lol How much taller would your guy need to be?

• I'm not saying a guy has to be taller, I just quite often see really tall guys with really short girls lol. Wondering why that happens so much... At least in Toronto

• Well for me I'm already tall (6'2) so chances are... you're bound to see me with a shorter girl because quite frankly no that many girls taller than me lol... It's not just a Toronto thing it's just a human thing

• Short guys go for short girls because Tall women aren't in the main interested in short guys.

The reason tall men like short women is because a short woman will make a tall man feel big, masculine and feeds his ego as the protector. It's just the way people are hard wired. Also I see tall women and tall men couples quite a lot, so there isn't one size that fits all.

• I like having a cute little funsize girl I have to bend over to kiss, who feels small and warm nestled up against me, and who is easy to throw around in bed.

• they like to feel big and strong i think it might have something to do with their ego or that they feel emasculated with tall girls but I'm 5'11" 1/2 and i like tall girls i would even date taller

• I don't necessarily go for short or tall girls. Height doesn't matter to me. I like any girl - tall, short, medium, black, white, a little big, a little thinner, blonde, brunette, redhead, young, old... I can go on and on.

• I'm 6ft as well but I like towering over people, I find it easier to protect them and look after them... I feel bigger and stronger than them so it's easier to take the lead

• I'm a tall guy 6'3 and I like taller girls. The shorter ones are too awkward for me sometimes I end up shouldering them when I hung them and kiss them etc. I think some guys like the shorter girls because they make them feel stronger.

• They want to spite short guys.

• My fiancee is 5'10' and I'm 6'... for what it's worth.

• I am 6 feet tall and ya i go for short girls for some reason ,, i think that they are cutter maybe? i donno lol

• well we like to date people shorter than us its a guy thing

• I get that guys like being taller- just like girls prefer the guy taller. But I'm talking like, why do guys who are example 6'3 going for a girl that is 5'3 . It just doesn't make sense to me :p just looks like the guy is gonna break his neck Everytime he tries to kiss the girl

• ya that is weid as well

• Because if u r shorter than me u can hear my heart beat n feel it!!!

• i'm 5'7 and i find tall girls very hot and sexy but i'm not sure if you would date a guy shorter than you

• I think this is generally a problem because the girl refuses to date shorter guys

• I love tall gals :)
    too bad u r not around me :(

What Girls Said 7

• They feel more of the dominant one that he can have confidence over winning her as assuming she 's going to be soft spoken, meek and nnon aggressive compared to a tall girl.

• I guess that makes sense.. But height really doesn't define a persons personality.

• Very true but i notice it does define their insecurities. SHort people tend to get really insecure around taller people. I'm 'short' but i don't feel insecure. But i d on't like guys too tall. I do feel a dramatic power shift depending on their personalities though.

• I don't understand why it seems for hard for tall girls on this site to get a date? I am 5'11 and I have NEVER ever had any issues with men not liking my height. It has never stopped me from dating and dating who I want.

• It's not that they don't like the height, I just see very tall men with very short women a lot and wonder why the man didn't prefer a taller woman. Maybe this is just in my area or something I've picked up on that others haven't noticed.

• Because we are everything they can ask for and funsize? :D Okay, besides that, why don't you go for short guys? You are the minority here, we out number you, so you'll see us short girls with tall guys, because of variety. There is a variety of guys under 6'.

• I have dated shorter guys. My ex was 5'10. That's not my question though.. I was just curious as to why tall guys like short girls. I understand the variety thing and it makes sense.

• I always wished that I was taller because guys always seem to like the tall thin girls. The grass is always greener on the other side. My BF is 5'10 and he has this fetish of being with a woman 5'11 or taller so that when he hugs her, he'll always be between the boobs lol. Its just how many 5'11 girls want a 5'10 guy?

• Tall = manly

• I'm embarrassingly short and my bf is at least 1.5 ft taller

• Same issue as you... I wear a short skirt and heals and look like a hooker while a short girls looks cute. Just gotta date the tall guys.

• That's my issue though, I find even tall guys go for short girls.

• Don't worry, there's lots of guys who love long legs. All my shorter friends want to be taller and I wish I was shorter...