Are you a smoker? would you date a smoker? ?

as question asks... would you? ?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not a smoker and I would not date a smoker. Cigarette smoke bothers me, I don't like how it smells. So, I wouldn't date someone who smokes because it wouldn't be fair to either of us. I wouldn't tell someone to quit or give them ultimatums so it's just best for me to not enter into a relationship with someone who smokes.

What Guys Said 57

• yes i'm a smoker, although i don't smoke regular cigarettes.

i use to smoke french fries basically. after having my serving of french fries, i save a couple of them so i can smoke them after the meal.

and no i'd not have a problem to kiss a smoker... i've already done it, and it wasn't gross, as many people claim.

• Non smoker, I would avoid smokers

• I am not a smoker. I actually find it incredibly difficult to maintain relationships of any sort with smokers, simply because cigarette smoke gives me unbearable headaches.

• I'm not a smoker, and no. I absolutely wouldn't date a smoker.

I don't want my clothes constantly stinking like crap and I just don't see it being worthwhile dating someone that's paying to kill themselves. Doesn't seem to work for a long term relationship and its nasty

• Yes I'm a smoker and the woman I really love was a smoker too and on her I love everything including the smell of smoke in her mouth when I kiss her lol

• i am a former smoker

I would not date a chain smoker; however, I would date a smoker with hope they were working towards quitting. they'd have to smoke away from people and outside the house

• I am a non smoker and proud of it. I don't think I would ever even consider dating a girl that is a smoker. Too much of a deal breaker for me. Can't stand smoking.

• I understand

• may be others should take notice it's illegal to smoke in public restaurant here

• Yes other countries should do the same. It also works so well in Japan because Japanese people are taught most of the time there are rules in a place for a reason and if your told the rules you stick to them. Japanese people seem to be very much like that. I like the Japanese. It also is illegal to smoke in restaurants here to I think.

• im not and I may consider "dating" a smoker. but dating is probably as far as we'll get.

• Kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray. so... no.

• Im not a smoker. Smoking is a turn off for me.

• I used to smoke but I quited. So, I would probably not because I don't want to start again.

• I don't smoke and wouldn't date a smoker. I just can't stand someone smoking beside me, principally the smell.

• 1. No, it's dirty. 2. No, I wouldn't as it's dirty

• no... and never

• Weed yes I'd be okay with if its not 24-7 & just an occasional thing.

Cigarettes im not a fan but if I like a girl I wouldn't let it stop me from pursuing her.

• I have never smoked so i wouldn't want a smoking chick

• I am not, I have smoked for about a year in college. I wouldn't mind dating a smoker as long as she didn't reek of smoke.

• No to both; I don't smoke, and I wouldn't date a smoker

• Not a smoker myself and never have been. I've no problem dating a smoker though. My partner is and I kind of get a turn on at times when she's got into bed and I've pashed her and tasted the smoke in her mouth. Kind of feels like dirty alley way sex.

• I'm not a smoker but yeah I'd reluctantly date one if they wouldn't do it around me.

• I would never date a smoker.

• I do not smoke. I have dated smokers in the past. I prefer a non -smoker, but it's not a deal breaker.

• I would. I use to be a former smoker, so for their best interest I would attempt an effort to make them quit.
    Not because I'm controlling or anything, but because since I could do it then anyone can :)

• No, and no.

• yeah i don't see myself dating a smoker. It's one thing to slowly kill yourself, but to kill me too in the process... uh uh, no way man. I don't smoke either so I wouldn't be interested

• so is it something that is one of first questions asked? ?

• I can't remember what the exact stats are, but second hand smoke leads to the same problems that smokers suffer from, which is why i'm really against getting intimately involved with a smoker myself. Do you get frequent health checks?

• well yes of course

• Smoke what?

• I smoke cigars occasionally, I would date a girl that does the same but probably not a routine smoker.

• I don't smoke and wouldn't date a smoker as smoking is a big turnoff for me.

• I'm not a smoker, and never will. If I would be dating a smoker, I would directly cancel it.
    I'm asthmatic and I'm allergic to tobacco smell.

• No, I'm not a smoker. I'd rather not date a smoker, because my body can't take smoke very well - at least as well as smokers I guess. Would I date a smoker? Probably not, unless they were making an effort to quit - especially a valiant effort.

• More from Guys
    27

What Girls Said 46

• No, I was never a smoker.

My boyfriend was when we met, but at the time he already transitioned to using e-cigs instead, so I never had to deal with the smell.
    He quit at the end of last year completely. But he didn't do it for me, he did it for himself. He's a stubborn wanker and decided that he no longer wanted a substance to control him, so he just one day stopped smoking everything altogether. Granted, he was very grumpy for about a month, but that's it - it's out of his system and he's glad he doesn't have to spend any money on refills anymore. :D

• no
    and no

the smell really, really causes problems for me. my head hurts so much after.

• I'm not a smoker and hinestly I don't think I could date one that smell just drives me mad when I inhale it I imediately start coughing it gives me a headache I don't want cancer for something I don't even smoke.
    Even if they don't smoke around me the smell of their clothes or other people's clothes droves me mad I just can't take it.

Though I do find some guys that smoke very affective I don't know I guess the "bad boy look" I''ll have a better chance with a pit head... 😒

• I'm not a smoker but I've grown up surrounded by people who do smoke my entire life so I wouldn't not date someone just because they smoke.

• I'm not a smoker (nor do I plan on smoking) and I would never date a smoker (because of health related reasons on my part). Smoking is a big turn off for me.

• I'm not a smoker, I can't be a smoker. And I would never date a smoker.

• nope and nopeee :)
    dated a smoker once and hated it... but that wasn't why we broke up ahah :)

• my mom used to smoke and as much as i loved her it's really hard to be around the cigaretts so i would say no to a smoking relationship. i have never directly smoked however becuase of my mom i would be classified as a second hand smoker ( in other words i never put one in my mouth however i used to breath the smoke in while she was smoking ) the only way i would was if he was only a second hand smoker due to circumstances or if he had quit years ago. do not date people who want to quit becuase they are either not commited to quiting, revert back to smoking or are extremely moody all the time when they are out or when they have cravings. if you want to date someone who wants to quit then make sure he get's nicotine patches and does not get hooked to them. a nice little squeez ball would also be another great idea.

• I am also because I work around it... I've been working there almost 8 year's

• I grew up around smokers (parents), and the most of my friends ended up smokers. I personally could never get the feel for it, and for the most part it doesn't bother me unless you are blowing the smoke in my face, but I wouldn't not date someone simply because they smoke. The taste doesn't particularly turn me off. Besides, the big thing now is vaporizers.

• I am not a smoker but I'd date one.

• I'm a non smoker. I don't mind dating a smoker as long as he doesn't blow the smoke in my face

• No and no.

• not a smoker and yes. unless he makes me buy him cigarettes. you wanna smoke do it with your money!!

• I'm a non smoker hun, I have dated people who did smoke.. I don't think I would date smokers ever again though.. EERR 😐😫

• I'm not a smoker and I wouldn't date a smoker. It's probably one of my biggest deal killers.

• good thing your married😊😊

• Meh, I live in a state where a huge majority of people don't smoke. It wouldn't be hard at all to find a non smoker.

• No I'm not a smoker & would never date one.

• At the moment, yes I do smoke. Started up in the summer when I split with the ex. I would date a smoker, even if I didn't smoke. It doesn't bother me. I did it for years with the ex.

• I'm not a smoker and I would NEVER date a smoker. I find smoking to be a HUGE turn off, but I also find the smell horrible and gives mes headaches.

• I'm a smoker, I started smoking at 9

• I thought I wouldn't, but then I met my boyfriend. He smokes and is currently cutting down. It doesn't matter to me as along as they don't smoke in front of me

• well at least he's cutting back

• We've known each other for over a year before we started dating and now we've been together for 5 months

• awww awesome

• No and no. I hate tobacco products with a passion and vehemently refuse to date someone who uses them in any form.

• I'm not a smoker. It depends how they behaves when they smoke. If violence, no can do. But still I don't like smoker. Because of things that goes on in life.

• Not a smoker and probably bot

• I am not a smoker but I have been with smokers. I have decided not to date a smoker again.

• Not a smoker. My husband smokes cigars and he smells like an ashtray and I hate it.

• Nope, and no i would not date a smoker.

• I am not smoker but i dont mind to date one

• I am and I would.

• No and no ,

• I'm not a smoker, I could date a smoker but I would prefer not to date a smoker.

• More from Girls
    16