Me and my boyfriend are 9 years apart.He's 29, I'm 20Is that bad?

Sometimes I feel like I'm not what he needs and wants because of my age. And it seems like people are not happy to see us together and it's making me feel sad. I feel like I can't give him what a real woman does. Advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all.
    Pretty much the same age difference as me and my partner.
    We've been together since I was 18.

Age difference is only a problem if you let it be.
    If you are plenty in common, and he is treating your right,
    who cares what other people say?
    As far as I am concerned, you both are consenting adults.

What Guys Said 9

• Yeah I've had similar situations with gay men. I like gay sex enough but they are way too disrespectful and pushy as if consent doesn't matter, and some of them were in mid 20's (like 25 and I was 15) and 30'
    s (31 with me 22), and one guy who was 40 and I was 22 as well. I'm a major twink if you know what that means. I look super young and a lot of gay men really like that for whatever reason. I've been with twinks and it was always cool especially they had small penises so it felt a lot better to me, not nearly as painful, like the 31 year old who knew I wasn't experienced and just shoved it in my arse and that shit hurt, though I told him he didn't seem to care one bit, just cared about my asshole (and he's been pursuing me since I was about 15 or 16) and now I feel like he just wants my asshole :(

• Excuse me sr. But what does this have to do with her question?

• Yeah I think I answered the wrong question. well also partly this one. My apologies lol

• No it is not necessarily bad unless he treats you bad. Age difference doesn't matter automatically, but demographics may be why. I was trying to make the point that I've slept with older people, and they all ended up just wanting me for sex and my 15yo looking face. Oh and being hairless.

Does this help?

• its not.. borderline bad.. better than 27 and 18. it'll look even better as you get older.

• advice? stop minding about age difference. if you get along why do you care?

• Both of u are legal and out of high school, so it's fine.

• I'm 29 and I dated a girl that was 19 when I was 26. The main problem with the age gap was that she still wanted to go out and party and go to clubs a lot, while I was getting tired of that scene. As long as two people are equally mature and have the same interests I don't see why it is a problem. Just make sure you both have the same objectives.

• What is this "real woman"?

• Not that bad i guess. Why do you care what people have to say, you are in the relationship not them...

• I have no advice because there isn't a problem... maybe ten years ago but not today

• I think "Age/2+7" is a good guideline.

What Girls Said 2

• And what according to you does a real woman do?

If you love him and he loves you I don't see the problem. Unless you guys are both on a different page.

My boyfriend is 34 and I am 22 and we get along just fine. We sometimes joke around that he is so much older than me. But we really don't mean it, we just mention that when we are... you know. Just because its kinda hot the age difference lol

I don't act like girls my age though, I have an old soul so most of the time people think we are the same age.

• No, it's not. It's perfectly possible for a woman of 20 and a man of 29 to have the same level of maturity.