Who would you rather date, someone who was extremely liberal or extremely conservative?

I know most people would say they'd rather date a moderate person or someone slightly left/right, but between those two extremes who would you think you'd get along with best?

Most Helpful Girl

• i'd date a communist over a conservative. at first dating a conservative guy would be alright because it would be interesting. but after a while it would just be so frustrating to deal with because I find conservatives to be very closed-minded...even though I guess this makes me a bit closed-minded as well.

that's just my opinion and I mean no offense.

• Also, I was raised in a white Republican town and I couldn't stand how snobbish people were about their lawns and the immigrants who tended them. I also couldn't stand how parents spent $300,000 on their daughter's schooling, but never expected them to be anything other than a house wife driving their kids to soccer practice in a Land Rover. I got so sick of the little world that is Christian, conservative, suburban New Jersey and the people whose lives revolve around it.

• I know, the political spectrum isn't as simple as left and right. it's up and down and middle and all over the place. but growing up in a town where you were either a jock, a god-junkie, you had a confederate flag tattooed on your arm, or your idea of a joke is coming into class on Halloween wearing a yamaka and having money hanging out of your jacket pocket, it taught me how ignorant people can be.

• That became what Republicanism stands for to me. when I think of the Republican party, I think of the people at my high school and the parents who nurtured them. I think of the girls at UPENN and Stanford who will simply live off a rich husband's money, raise more over-privileged children, and mount the ivy league diploma on wall.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm more liberal, so I would have to go with a liberal. The only person I know who's extremely conservative is my cousin, and I can only listen to his views for so long. Then again, I absolutely abhor him, which might be clouding my judgment.

• although we don't have the liberal/conservative thing here in Australia. I would rather go out with a more conservative person. I'm really sick of people saying 'oh those conservative people try to force their opinions on people and they're so close-minded.' we're actually not. we just have different, more old-fashioned views than what is considered normal in todays western society.

• Someone who is extremely conservative would come off as judgmental and one way thinking. I know a lot of conservatives and it's just like "Your opinion isn't law, people don't have to live the way you think is proper.

But then someone who is extremely liberal, their views to me can come off like pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking. I think I would get along better with a lefty..Far right conservatives just irk me.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd get along with Liberal.. I'm not much into politics.. but know when I see a bad decision being made.. a.k.a. the wars... but hey I ain't gonna discuss politics here.. loll.. I hate those type of discussions.. but you know what .. if I were dating a girl who is constantly getting into discussions about politics, I wouldn't be very impressed or inclined to continue the relationship.. I say we have much more important things to talk about in the dating phases of our relationship..

I do believe in most Liberal ideals.. but Conservatives have their points also.. but mostly based on religion.. and I'm from India.. religion is everything over there.. and politicians use religion as an excuse to do whatever the f*** they want.. no matter if it's good for the country infrastructure or anything. it doesn't matter as long they have religion behind them.. and most if not all of the populations falls for it. If a girl I was dating was a little bit conservative, but not too obsessed with religion, then I wouldn't care. =)

• Neither if I had the chance. I'm conservative, but I'm open minded and respectful to those who share their own opinions. That's the way I feel it should be. But if I had to ultimately choose, it would be ext. conservative obviously. Oddly enough, every girl I've ever dated has been a liberal.