Online dating... yes, no?

Tinder, Zoosk, Badoo, heck knows what,
is it worth doing?

Okay, well, whats the best way to just meet new people then? At the moment, I have no work-life balance at the moment, and very few friends, and I want to meet lots of people, make new friends, and that can always lead onto new stuff.

Most Helpful Girl

• In the last few years, I've gone out with probably close to 35 guys (mostly from OK Cupid). Most were just a couple of dates, some lasted a couple months, and couple that went on for longer. Eventually, everything just ends up fizzling out. The second longest lasting relationship I've had post divorce was someone I met on online, but that didn't last, so back to OKC,

Bottom Line: mixed results but no real complaints

What Girls Said 6

• It's not realistic for the majority of men. Females on dating sites have a wide pool of men to choose from. They usually choose the ones who are either very attractive, or rich (or both) or the charismatic witty ones who have a way with words.

• Not if you want a serious, long term, no bullshit relationship.

• All of those are hook up sites especially Tinder

• They were just some examples, i mean online dating in general, because i haven't been on all of the sites...

• I'm not familiar with online dating but Tinder is known as a sleazebag/slag site.

• no i dont prefer that

• That's fine.

• Tinder is just a hook up site.
    I doubt you will ever find someone who is looking for a commitment using that app.

• Yep totally agree. It's not so much a dating app as it is a hookup and comedy chat app.

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah, I met my current girlfriend on OK Cupid.
    If you're going to try it then I'd suggest picking one or two people you really like the look of and writing them a long message with a bit of humour. I actually worked my way down her profile page and gave my views on everything I agreed with. For example she said she wasn't much of a party person in her profile so I said something along the lines of not being into parties either and why I might not like them so much.
    Girls on these sites generally tend to get a lot of sexual invites so don't even joke about anything sexual in your mail because it'll be an instant rejection. :P

Hope this helps!

• Met a girl on Facebook three months ago. She's actually from Syria, currently studying in Turkey. We video chat almost daily now. I'm interested to see what comes of it.

Believe me, I'm wary of romance scams. I did some detective work to confirm who she was before even accepting the invite, and I'd strongly recommend others do the same. I figure given that she doesn't need me to get a visa, hasn't asked for money, hasn't pried for personal information, that I was the one to pursue regular contact and she invited me to do video chat in the first place, it seems unlikely.

Long story short, I wouldn't count it out. You might be surprised what'll happen for you.

• No dont do it. Maybe if your like nearing 30 then do it. But your young, go be romantic. Lower your standards, date tons of girls! You won't want to tell your kids that you met online.

• Only if you're too desperate.

• Yes and no.

Yes if you've patience and are decent looking.

No if you're anything but suave.