My boyfriend said "love you" when he dropped me off at home yesterday?

But then he hit his head and said "why the f*** did I just say that?" We've only been going out for three weeks and He's never said it to me before, and I was just freaked out and said "yeah... bye I'll see you on Monday" Why did he say that? The second part, I mean. It kind of stung a little, but I'm over it now, I just want to know why.

Most Helpful Guy

• he really likes you but doesn´t want to come across as cllingy. why do you say it stung a little?

• Well, It's just how he reacted, saying "Why the f*** did I just say that?" like, I don't know, It kind of made me feel like doesn't want to be with me.

• lol it´s the exact opposite. he thinks he was precipitative by saying "love you" and he fears to deter you by saying that so he said "why the fuck did i just say that". maybe you should say some thing like "love you too" if you feel like that.

What Guys Said 4

• He probably thinks he does but felt it was too soon. He didn't want to make you uncomfortable. If you might feel the same way either tell him or talk to him. It shouldn't have stung you should take it as a complement. It seems he was emberassed for how he feels or him saying it out loud.

• I think that maybe he thought that it was too early to say it or somehow he thought you didn't like it. Just a guess.

• Cause he loves you maybe or just wanted to say it and when he said why the fuck did I just say that, he prob feel embarrass for letting his feelings show or didn't mean to say it.

• Society has created all sorts of silly little "rules" that people often feel expected to abide by, and one of those you often hear is "don't say that too soon, it could make you come across as clingy or scare the other person off" etc. - he probably let it slip as that was how he was feeling in the moment, but then was worried he might have 'blown it' by saying the wrong thing. I don't think he meant that in a bad way, it's actually kind of a good thing - it means he's worried about blowing it with you, meaning, he probably really likes you.

What Girls Said 2

• It is an instinct I think to say I love you to someone you care about when you are saying goodbye. Like once my boyfriends dad dropped us off to see a musical and he said love you guys and I am pretty sure it was a mistake so I smiled and said goodbye and thank you. He probably freaked out because saying I love you in a relationship is a big deal and if he doesn't love you yet he doesn't want you to think he does in case things don't work out... Or maybe he feels like he already loves you but didn't want to tell you at that moment and slipped. I wouldn't think too much of it but if it is really bothering you just ask him about it.

• He does love you but he felt like he said it too soon.
    I wouldn't have brushed it off...
    I would have been like, "what? You love me?" To see I'd that's how he really feels.

• I was a little shocked and he didn't really give me much of a chance to respond because he reacted so negatively.