Are religious girls unattractive?

I'm a religious girl and recently my friend said he didn't want to date this one girl because she was religious. He didn't know I was religious at the time but it got me thinking, are religious girls unattractive to date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not unattractive, not desired as some people view it in a negative light. Personally, a religious person is ok as long as she doesn't force her beliefs on me and tries to make me go to church.

What Guys Said 24

• I wouldn't date a heavily religious girl or a girl that follows some specific religions due to variety of reasons.

In general they are less desirable since:
    1.) A guy won't have any sexy time until marriage. It's also unclear what kind of sex life he will get after the marriage.
    2.) Possibility of pressure/threats from her parents/siblings/friends/whatnot who share the same religion she does.
    3.) Some unnecessary limitations in everyday/dating life, such as (hilarious) inability to eat specific food or visit specific areas, some activities are off limits etc.
    4.) Probably will expect a guy to kinda start following her religion as well, while an atheist/agnostic fails to see a point in following some stupidity that's written in some damn old book.

So in overall religious girls just aren't worth the hassle in comparison to non-religious girls.

• This is a complex question because it depends on what your goal is. If you want to date guys/people that are atheists then I'd imagine it is possible that religious girls are unattractive. But in a general sense, especially if you live in the United States where the religious are the majority, you would be in very good company especially as people mature.

In either case I wouldn't worry too much about this. Stick to your ideals and a guy that thinks like you is bound to find you. That's just how things work.

• If anything their more attractive cause they have faith in something. I don't go to church every Sunday but I do believe In god and i would like my gf to be the same. (Not talking about agressive religious beliefs tho, that's a no no)

• I woulnt say unattractive. More so that a religious women is less disireable.

For me Iv noticed that when im around a religious women, if she ever was my gf, id always feel second place to her. Her religion would always be number 1

When I love someone and with someone. she's my number 1 and Id prefer that in return as well

• It depends on the person. I am personally not religious but I do believe there is a God. If a girl I like is relious it wouldn't matter to me I would respect her beliefs. It depends on the persons veiws. If religion is a deciding factor it may be because of conflicting religion or close mindedness. A persons beliefs is important and should be respected. It really shouldn't make someone more or less attractive though.

• It depends on what you are looking for and whether you can accept that your partner believes something completely unusual to you as part of reality.

• Not necessarily. And it depends on how religious you are. If sex only after marriage is a boundary for you (for example) you can forget it. It doesn't mean that you're unattractive but the guy will most likely move on to someone which will give him more of what he expects.

• I believe not.
    Why would your religion make you any less attractive?
    To me religion is very personal and i don't mind what you believe in as long as you are yourself and you fit me as a person.

• I wouldn't date a religious girl.

• Well, we might not share the same beliefs, but that doesn't make you unattractive. Depends. Are you a satanist? If not, I wouldn't mind you.

• Although what comes to mind usually is that religious girls don't like to have sex till marriage

• My fiancee is an ultra-conservative Catholic, and I love her dearly. Find a religious guy, and you'll be fine :)

• Don't even think about dating an atheist or anyone who isn't serious about religion, because it will never work out.

• Not any less attractive than any other girl. Depends on personal opinions.

• Maybe... they maybe good looking... But unattractive due to their religious personality... its all about personality...

• I prefer a christian girl over any other , chances are she's not easy and chances are she's not a slut and deep down this is what guys really want , weather they admit it or not... its alotta work , but worth it.

• You'd really have to show some pictures for us to gauge if said girls are cute or not...

• Not to other religious people...

• It may not be due to that he finds religious girls unattractive. It may be because he thought she may get offended his non religious approach.

• depends...

on how seriously they take their faith... .. for me, no. I'm an atheist, but even then would have no qualms dating a moderate..

• No but they dont dress well they dont prefer nice skirts and shorts..

• May be coz they won't let to even kiss them...

• i find them very unattractive

• depends... are you sexually promiscuous...

• Not at all, religious girls tend to have more self respect than those who are not (actively religious) so I have no with dating religious girls. They tend to be more nurturing too. The no sex before marriage doesn't concern me because I want to wait too. Me and my long term girlfriend are waiting

• I personally would rather date someone who isn't relgious since I'm not relgious but it's not something I pay much attention to

What Girls Said 5

• your personal beliefs are unlikely to affect someones physical attraction to you. they may however make you inappealing f
    to some guys.

• I'm done with dating someone religious, but I'm not religious. I would prefer someone non religious but I don't minding they are religious

• I don't believe it has anything to do with attractiveness. I believe it's more that he is probably not religious and doesn't want to start dating someone who is completely religious. Am I making sense?

• I guess the reason why guys wouldn't like to date religious girls is because they don't do things of the world like making out, going to Clubs, wearing short dresses and stuff. Most guys love intimacy with their girlfriends but if he is willing to accept you like that 💞 then it would be fine. I'm not saying having Sex before marriage is intimacy but I'm just saying come on, how wouldn't you kiss a guy that you are going out with, it's hardly seen anywhere

• No, he just knows he has less chance of hitting it. Apparently.