Does love still exist, or has the selfishness of society somehow ended love?

That's basically it, do we wait around to find love, or is there no longer such a thing? With the ease of finding sex, fleeting relationships/ fun times? Are people just not willing to give the compromises needed for love anymore?

Most Helpful Guy

• It exists not in my world. Yet perhaps. But it's still very much alive and kicking.

What Guys Said 5

• Love still exists, it's just more and more people are deceiving themselves into thinking that their case is obviously love.

• Yes, love still exist. But unfortunately, very small amount of people are capable to love and be loved. Most of them are seeing how much money do you have (girls), and to have sex on first date (boys), than leave like nothing happens. Really disappointing but anyway, there's still someone good, and worth to your attention (rare, but exist). ;)

• Love is selfish.

If only people were selfish! Being selfish means doing what's good for you, which means thinking rationally, so that you can lead a flourishing life.

Many people are very irrational and self-destructive these days.

• This is a great way to think about it.

• Love has always existed, exists now and will continue to exist until life becomes a black nothing.

It simply is.

• Do you not think though that society today in comparison to the past there's a lot less substance to relationships, there's no motivation in people to maintain love for years

• It seems like you have a case of "those were the good old days" syndrome. Be careful about romanticizing the past or future.

People are less enlightened now because they are carelessly distracted with pointless shit. And yet, it is easier than ever now to become self-educated and worthwhile.

It all depends on your perspective.

• True, that's a good point I suppose.

• Love never stops existing, no matter what. It's a part of human nature. It's just that people have been throwing around the word "love" like it's nothing. It used to mean so much more

What Girls Said 1

• I believe that love exist and will exist as long as there are people out there with a good heart. You are right nowadays sex is so easy to get.. but there are still people out there who love. I love my closests people so much that I could never live without them.

• They are lucky to have you aswell