Do you remember the first time you asked someone out? How did it go?

Currently debating on asking out this shy guy who said that we should hang out soon... but i'm terrified and have zero guy experience. Even as friends, i'm still nervous to be alone with him haha I'm shy obviously.

But tell me! When was the first time you asked someone out? How'd it go and what'd you do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't know if this counts...
    Female friend coworker... At work she said just randomly "we should totally get pizza after work". I just said " k".
    Then after work I texted her asking if she still wanted to, and she called me and we decided to. So I picked her up, we got pizza, then hung out for like 3 hours just driving and walking and talking. don't know if that counts

What Guys Said 6

• does booking with an escort count as "asking out"?

• School dance, two days away. This girl is standing at her locker, and I might not get another chance to ask her. I thought I would stutter, but no, the words just flowed out, and we had a great first date after the dance.

• I've never asked anyone out. The girlies always came to me.

don't know why.

• Fricken hell on earth.

• She said no. Then laughed.
    Or she laughed first. And then said no.

I forget which.

• Never happened, I'm too shy :((((

What Girls Said 3

• Was when I asked out my current boyfriend. It was awkward af, but I did it and it seemed to go well.
    Was a bit different because this was a few months after he had asked me out, which I turned down. I just asked him to join me for coffee, that I wanted to talk to him about something. Once we got there, he asked me what was up and I incredibly awkwardly asked him if he remembered what he'd asked me back in September. He said no, he'd asked me many things. I was freaking out pretty bad but essentially just asked if he was still interested in a relationship with me. He was surprised but said that sounded good to him, and the rest is history. :)

Do it! What's the worst that can happen, he'll say no? Nbd.

• I was really young, it was really terrible, and then he dated my sister.

• Never have and probably never will. Im shy aff