Why I see a lot, A Lot, of really pretty girls single?

a lot of guys say:"it's their personality, out of my league, they seem taken or stuck up", bla bla. all these reasons but then, those girls still single, even after proving guys they were wrong in their assumptions.

So, Why guys avoid dating really attractive girls?
how girls should act to look even more approachable?

(I see plain janes, tomboys, fatties, etc. witth new bf every month Lol I don't get it )

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know but it pisses me off. I get complimented a lot on my looks. At first maybe people were just lying to me about how good-looking I am, so I posted my photo a few times to be rated. I got really great ratings. The lowest I got was a 7 and one guy even gave me a 10 and I found that a compliment since no one is a perfect 10. Obviously that guy thought I was perfect. I've used online dating too, and I get all these compliments and perverted messages, but when it comes to an actual date I don't get them. Men really don't ask me out. You can't say it's personality because these guys don't really know my personality. I just don't even get a FIRST date for men to judge my personality.

I once even posted on this site for a rating and I got a bunch of people attacking me. I asked if I was actually good-looking or if I am ugly and people are just lying or something. I had people calling me thirsty and saying I know I am good looking and to shut up. The girls were worse than the guys, but some guys were mean too. So I deleted the photo in my photobucket and disavowed the question.

A friend of mine who isn't pretty (not ugly either, just plain) gets dates all the time and she is shy. So how does a shy plain jane girl get dates (these guys don't know her personality either) but I don't?

• this is the question we seem to find no answers to. i don't get it.
      and i hate when people say to shut up, like maybe they were jealous.

• I don't know how you look, but if you are as beautiful as you say than any guy would not approach you because he thinks that a girl this pretty is definitely taken, and if she is not than she has very high standards and would never go out with me and you know that guys hate rejections
      Almost every guy thinks like that, believe I know, I think like that too
      If you find a guy you like, approach him, make him see that you are interested, that way guys will find you less intimidating

• See I don't know if I am though. People say I am, and if I've posted a photo for a rating, I get told I am attention seeking because I know I am pretty. So I am guessing I must be. You could be right though. Although I have approached guys and even then they looked a little put out. I once asked a guy out and he stuttered a bit and then said no. That was very off putting and kind of made me feel bad about myself. I don't think guys like when girls ask them out because they act all shocked and stuff.

What Guys Said 23

• Well, I can come up with several reasons:
    (1.) The guy himself knows his limits. "Leagues" really do exist, but the boundaries are fuzzy and overlap, so it's okay to cross them. However, unless a guy is arroganent, he knows he's only attractive to a certain point. Most guys want what's best for their women, so he would feel inadequate if he didn't look that good and she did.
    (2.) Tying into point 1, some of those girls only want "placeholder" guys, I've seen it happen. Most pretty girls know they're pretty, and a portion of them use that to their advantage. She won't cheat on the average or below average guy she's with, but she will give him up if someone that's comparable but better looking comes along.
    (3.) More than looks matter. I've met really gorgeous and sweet women... that had the personality of a brick wall. It's like talking to a computer. They seemed cold and plain while talking. A lot of them give off that vibe to, a "just don't talk to me" vibe. That also makes them less approachable since they usually have chronic bitch face or act like you're wasting their time. On the flip side I've met very pretty women who were really vain. They weren't bitchy exaclty, but one girl introduced herself like this, "Hi, I'm Val and I'll grace you with my presence every weekend." That's honestly just a turn-off.

Overall, it really is men's insecurities and pretty women's bad apples that make guys not want to approach them. however, can you blame the guys for it?

• I think it really depends... I am let's say 8/10 attractive and dated many 6/10 attractive girls. Why? Because they stay authentic, they don't have to play a game to attract me. Thing is, most of the time, it doesn't work out because they lack confidence and always kiss my shoes. Like, they give too much to me to make sure I don't leave them!

If they wouldn't be doing this, I would stay with 'em. Exact same thing for me, I dated 10/10 attractive girls and I know how I felt when walking with her! Everyone looking at her, not me. I mean I really loved them but when everyone look at the girl and ask themselves: "why is she with him?", it's kinda hard on your nerves and confidence...

So with time I lost some confidence and at some point I became kind of jealous and such so we stopped being together for good. There's a reason why 8/10 dates 8/10's. Same thing for every "attractiveness measurements" unfortunately :/.

• A lot of things have been put up on this thread already but I will add another type of girl. Pretty girls know they can get any guy (confidence and good looks always seem to walk together) and don't worry about being single or not. I know several go -getters that want to focus on careers or single fun rather than being in a relationship.

• Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait... I just see a lot of pretty girls. How do you know they're single? How would I know they're single? Do all these girls walk around with signs on them saying "I'm single, approach me?" No. So how does one go about finding out? Are you telling me to ask them if they're single? So, should I bother every pretty girl I see asking them if she's single? That seems pretty cumbersome and to use the parlance of many females "creepy". Plus, 99.9% of the time I'm in no position to approach, so how can I approach if the situation isn't socially acceptable for me to approach? Then, after all that, even if I find a way to approach, it's been my experience that most pretty girls do, in fact, have boyfriends. Sooooooo... life sucks all around for everyone.

• emm, it's obvious when i say i see and I mean i know or heard of, met or saw with my own eyes.

• Not really. So are you generalising based on one girl who we know nothing about other than she's pretty? And how was she being ignored? Like was she trying to talk to guys and they just shut her out or was no guy approaching her and she was just standing around by herself?

• I'm pretty sure the QA is referring to herself... Even if she's not she could be referring to some of her friends or girls in general that she knows of but may not necessarily be close to that go through the same thing you don't hwve to know everyone in the world to know that other girls go through this too. Regardless of the factors true for many. Just read some of the other questions on GAG if a bunch of girls ask this then obviously a bunch of pretty girls are having a problem getting a bf.

• because they're either picky or shy i guess

• Well some girls are picky, but i have seen a lot of pretty, popular girls not have any boyfriends, it's are but it happens, coming from a shy, insecure, not-good looking boy, it's hard, for me for example, why would i even try to talk or date a beautiful girl, if the main reason I was drawn by her were her looks, let's face it looks HAVE to come first, nobody falls for ideals or personality at first sight, or almost no one anyway, so if i first judge her by her looks she will probably do the same, it's only fair, natural and logical, but here's the question girls,, what if a guy like me asked you out? I mean, out of my hobbies like photography, music and rugby i'm not very interesting, i'm kinda funny, long ago when i was confident i was very funny and people sticked around, not anymore, i don't have many friends or go to a lot of parties, i didn't ask to be this way, ugly, insecure, introvert, but that's how it is i doubt a pretty girl will ever fall for me because i'm passionate and intelligent, i'm also fat, although i am working on that, so no redeeming on the physical at all, either.
    So here it goes, a guy like me finally does the unexpected and in the middle of a party/coffee shop/library/park/etc. says the rift thing, shows genuine interest in you, and makes a connection, will you seriously want him for a date?

• Most really pretty girls are usually arrogant, mean and picky, and they tend to reject a guy in a humiliating way and they say that they feel offended if an average looking guy approaches them.
    As much as they are beautiful, they are not worth the humiliation

• Because we assume those girls have boyfriends or 100 guys trying to get with them. Why don't you ask out a guy, then you won't be single!

• I think their are two principal reasons and not just one. Maybe some guys think that been with them it´s to good to be true or maybe the really pretty girls are afraid to be in a relationship because all of their ex boyfriends just wanted to have sex with them.

• Lol why would any guy want that? Especially average guys? 8-10/10 girls get so much attention its ridiculous. And lets be real a lot of these "hot/attractive" girls aren't mentally strong enough to stay with the average dude rather than go with the more attractive hotter guy. If I was with a hot girl I would have to look over my shoulder every 5 seconds to see who is running game to my girl. Nah, fuck that. No matter how hot the girl is it isn't worth the eventual heartbreak.

• too much attention and no bf, 0 dates. that's what im talking about.

• It is more likely that an attractive girl will stay in a relationship and be faithful with someone of equal attractiveness. Men who are unattractive think they are not good enough and are probably right so they don't try to go after the women and instead go for something more realistic.

• but it's sad and unfair.

• pretty girl treated like that. what if she likes that guy and she thinks he's cute? but he ignores her because of this thoughts? I just remembered N. Kiddman and J. Fallon lol it's real life example.

• If she really likes the guy, she can make the first move. If she is ignored keep trying, prove to the guy she is serious. He will soften to her if he finds her attractive in any way.

• Probably because guys like me assume they are taken already.

• Try asking a guy out? Why can you do the approaching?

• A lot of pretty girls are stuck up, greedy and/or have extremely high standards (while asides from having pretty face and big boobs they literally have nothing to offer). Guys just fail to see a point in wasting their time on girls like that.

• Guys don't avoid dating them, they look for them. Men are visually attracted to women

• How do you know they are single?

• We don't even think we have a chance so we don't bother trying. Most hot girls only go for hot/rich guys so if we feel like we won't have a chance.. :/

• looks are all that matters initially... but then we also have to determine if she's high maintenance or not... hehe

• Because most of us presume she already has a boyfriend.

• they don't want anybody to date...

they have issues...

some guys who lack confidence...

• Cause she is going to leave when she meets a better guy than us, or at least that is what we will constantly worry about. Why not just get with the girl on a similar level as us, flaws and all, and not worry about that sort of thing?

Plus no guys wants to feel like she's so much better than he deserves to the point he is worried that she might leave if he conflicts too much with her. That is how a guy ends up whipped, when he is just so much more into her than she into him.

When i was like 17 this old man told me one time that he was just absolutely crazy for and he was lile those are the kind of women you just can't be with because you cease to be yourself. You just lose it because you want her too much, and it will ruin any chance of it working. He was right. Some women a guy just wants TOO bad and his best course of action is to pass.

• but how want someone or to be with them So much can be a bad thing?

• It is because you cease to be yourself. You become too worried you'll do something wrong and lose them or just not be good enough and they will leave. You end up in a terribly negative state of mind

• Because they have really high standards most men don't want to bother with

• Cos in the world we live in today most pretty/attractive girls only date cute/attractive guys. Now not all girls, but most of them. This is why a lot of guys dont approach them or dont even try to, they're afraid of being rejected

• I'm not sure why this is being treated like some crazy new standard? So cute/attractive guys only date pretty/attractive girls, and pretty/attractive girls should be open to anybody?

• Its personality that should matter and not looks.

• I agree unfortunately with @vmw2008 it's not that the world is messed up, it's just how things work. Why should anyone go for anybody just because someone said "it's the right thing to do" it doesn't work like that. Luckily... and many men seem to miss this, men can be attractive through great personalities and power. If men claim their power for themselves, eg wanting to get fitter, healthier, better in society for themselves, you will be far more attractive.

What Girls Said 15

• Plain and simple it all depends on the person. But most guys think that the pretty, hot, gorgeous girl's already have bf so they don't bother. Or the girl might intimidate him a bit with her looks (not on purpose though) and the guy is too shy to even find out if so. 9 time's out of 10 the girl might also be interested, but is also shy. It's also a preference thing , you like what u like so if a chubster is with a fit guy or a nerd with a hot chick it all depends on the person, not everyone is alike. by the way people like the media and the people around them influence their decisions. They'll be all in love with say a very pretty and fun big girl, but society tell's them ewww why her, you can do better and then get stuck with some boring ass bimbo. And if so fuck him lol. Everyone can't or doesn't want to fit into that perfect barbie bs or that get's boring and you try something that interests you a tomboy, plain jain might and etc. You can't judge someone off of looks alone. If you want someone at least try to find out if you have a chance. You'd rather get rejected and found out for yourself, than to not find out and wonder what if :)

• Maybe she doesn't have the social skills to get a boyfriend? I have a friend who's really pretty and just about everyone finds her attractive but she's really shy and insecure so she rejects guys and avoids them.

• Stereotypes for ya. They're picky and snobbish and are looking for the "prefect" guy as in the one who's hottest or cutest or is the biggest kiss up. The ones you call "plain Janes, tomboys, fatties, etc" are the ones who know a good guy from a player. They make good choices with guys unlike the shallow stereotypes.

• I'm guessing, staying single by choice? Maybe they are fed up with the guys they have dated in the past.

• Or maybe those "fatties, tom boys, etc.." Are beautiful to guys. Just because you look a certain way doesn't mean you're going to have a dozen guys chase after you to be your boyfriend. I went awhile (4+ years) without a boyfriend before I found mine. Maybe they WANT a "tom boy" or "plain Jane" etc... Also if you have a defeated/down attitude some guys can pick up on it and feel you're not confident/don't love yourself. Which is a turn off for some guys. Its all about preferences. It'll happen when it happens.

• Great question I need to know this. I see some right mingers loved up. So jealous

• Because beauty isnot the only thing that matters. She has to have a nice personality too, to fell in love with her.

• I'm a tom boy plane Jane and fatty

• Maybe they're single because they want to be single.
    Maybe they just aren't looking for a relationship.
    Maybe they haven't found a guy that fits their "standards"

• Because a lot of attractive people know that they have options & can find someone whenever they choose... they probably don't want a boyfriend at the moment.

• Maybe they don't want to commit to one person yet?

• Maybe pretty girls have a lot of choice in their normal life, they r hard to figure out who really love them, they keep good relationship to not only one guy, just wanna see who is the best one

• With me, im single for a reason at the moment :)

• Because who you consider unattractive is actually attractive to guys lol. Sheesh

• Maybe it's morals, because if somebody isn't willing to be easy in a world full of temptation then they will most likely get overlooked by somebody who isn't willing to stay so grounded. Also, if the guy has his own insecurities about his looks, he maybe scared that because the girl is very pretty that she will leave him or not really want to stay with him if he is not as equally handsome.