Have you ever come to the conclusion that you will never have the girl or guy of your dreams?

We get to a stage of life where we stop dreaming because nothing goes our way, but when it comes to this do you feel like you have to lower standards not just physically but in everything else and just settle for whatever we can?

Most Helpful Girl

• I gave up after my last failed relationship. I'm 31 years old, divorced with two kids from different fathers. If I'm gonna find "the one" he'd better show up soon. Now I just date. I'm not really looking for a steady relationship. I was divorced at the age of 25, and almost married again, but we turned out to not be good anywhere except the bedroom. He hasn't helped with our kid, so fuck him. I broke up with the boyfriend after him last April when I got tired of putting in effort to see him around our busy schedules, only to have him blow me off. Now, I'm happy enough with my no strings attached fuck buddy. Finding the guy of my dreams? Only in a book.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't lower my standards as they are fair and realistic. However, I have tried dating and to look for the special guy but it hasn't worked. I don't see myself getting in a relationship anytime soon as I am focusing on my studies, you should too get your future in order rather than worrying about a girlfriend at your age lol ;)

• I've gotten my hopes up more than I can count, only to have them be crushed. They'll say that they're there for me, I can trust them, they won't leave, etc. and then they do. I'd like to believe I'll eventually get lucky, but maybe I'm just not meant to be happy.

• Never came to this conclusion never will.

• Are you saying that settling for less is never an option?

• That's right. I've got 2 other options Id settle for one of my 3

• I met mine and am still with him after 8 years. Never gave up on him and glad I didn't.

• You're far too young to be worried about this stuff. I met my husband at 25! Just relax and enjoy your youth, it will happen eventually :)

What Guys Said 3

• I have too much blind faith that I will find the perfect girl actually. Can't convince myself to stop hoping, yet can't convince myself to take action and actually ask anyone out.
    It's fucking terrible.

• I never get what I want. :(

• Yeah, I have. But I still try to hold on to hope. I just tell myself that I don't want the girl or guy of my dreams; the person I want to end up with is someone I couldn't imagine myself.