Girl told me she doesn't want a relationship now?

I went into this situation knowing she recently got out of a relationship (within 2 months of a long term relationship of 1 year). I talked to her about it and all and we decided to be friends. I ended up taking her out and we ended up kissing. Things started to heat up pretty quickly and they where perfect, no arguing constant texts and so on. She even became loyal towards me and made it clear we were kinda dating. Tonight she just sent me a text saying she wasn't ready for a relationship because she needs time to find herself. I completely understand that and all but why would she lead me on like that? Im kind of emotionally distraught right now because she literally felt like she could be the one... and to add on top of that my friend (only friend) recently moved, and i haven't slept in 36 hours. Whata do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I had something very similar happen to me recently. I met this woman and we really hit it off. We started a relationship by spending a few days living together and it was amazing... then a little while later she says she wants to break up because she's still getting over her 3 previous relationships (all of which started off great [kinda like ours] then soured and ended very badly for her) and because she wanted to keep a promise she made to herself never to fall for someone so fast ever again. I've spent the weeks since torturing myself with the possibility that she is lying and just broke up with me for one reason or another (something I did or said, Something I didn't do or say, ya know) and lied about it to preserve my feelings or something. I would advise doing what it took me weeks to realize. No matter what's really going on; your best bet is to be the best friend to her that you know how to be (without changing who you are because that always backfires :$) and hope for everything to eventually turn out in your favor (i. e. she feels ready for another relationship, and thinks of you). That being said do not expect much from her. She probably feels a little awkward about the whole thing and maybe even feels bad about hurting you like that so in order to spare yourself from pain; don't expect much, even if you hope for it. I hope this is helpful, all the best mate, and try to get some sleep. :(

What Girls Said 1

• She probally needs some time to think about it, and she probally wasent thinking straight when she led you on like that.

What Guys Said 1

• It means she doesn't like you plain and simple