HELP, Is my attitude affecting me when it comes to girls?

Everytime Im around a girl I try to do too much to impress, is this bad? Like just naturally I talk more, I show off more, i laugh in a cocky way. It just happens, like my mind tells me this is going to catch her attention. Sometimes I feel like this makes things worst. Like I feel like I look bad to girls. Like I'm fake. Should I just stay quiet , talk when I have to, and stand up straight and confident and hope they notice me? I use to feel like showing off and talking was going to get her to notice me.

Most Helpful Girl

• You simply need to learn to be yourself around girls. I think in general the differences between the two genders are emphasized wayyyy too much---over-emphasized, in fact. Both genders are still fundamentally human. If you just see them as HUMAN, instead of subconsciously reacting to girls' presence in a different way than you do to guys', then you'll be yourself with either gender. Start a conversation like you normally would and carry it along as normal. Try to stop feeling like there's any need to catch a girl's attention. Just be yourself, and that will be enough to catch the right girl's attention. You don't need any extra.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, it can be very off putting. Girls love confidence, but too much confidence can come off as either desperate or cocky and no one likes that.
    Be confident and comfortable with who you are as a person and other people will be comfortable around you. Just my opinion, but others of course could be different.

• Hmm I think you have figured this out yourself. Just me you. She will notice you when you're just being you. There is no need to act like a show off, just be yourself. Being loud, talkative (way to much) could get quite annoying..

• No girl likes a cocky guy as a first impression.

• It's normal... But remember that you don't have to change yourself just to impress someone. Be real. Be you.

• be yourself and confident.

What Guys Said 5

• I think your attitude is affecting u negatively. You probably do look "fake" to girls by trying too hard.

The key with girls, is to NOT look like you're trying hard. Just be comfortable being yourself, and treat her like anyone else (except for some flirting to show you want to be more than friends).

• Relax.

Deep breath.

Pinch yourself.

First you be, then you are.

• You're a try hard... it is not attractive.

• Catch her attention with your eyes. Show some interest in her. Show your humorous side.

• You are doing great i think u should try to be yourself. Its ok not so big deal.