How do you get an Asian boyfriend when most of the Asians don't seem to be interested in dating a Hispanic/Latina girl?

Well, ever since I could remember living in Koreatown since the age of 8, I was surrounded by a lot of Koreans, Chinese, and Filipinos. I didn't mind and in fact, loved making friends and trying out their foods and learning about their culture and backgrounds. I began dating or wanting to date just Asian guys in freshmen year of high school. Most of my friends are Asian or mixed and have given me their opinions about the matter. A lot said it didn't really matter of the girls ethnicity, just what she was like and had to offer, not just her body but the way she is around her family and friends. I'm in college now and there are many quite attractive Asian guys out there but considering they stay within their circle, how would I get one to be my boyfriend? I'm beginner in both Japanese and Korean, not to make myself likeable to those races but it's for my major. Is it possible to have a Mexican girl and an Asian guy be attracted to each other? I do get quite a few glances and slight smiles but never has one approached me. I'd approach them but for the most part, they're with a friend speaking their own language or seem to not want to talk. My friends say to just say hi and befriend them, it'd never hurt to try. But being left with an awkward smile isn't nice either.

Most Helpful Guy

• you know, generally, as long as you're attractive, a guy will give you a second thought. just do as you would with any other guy. there is no trick to get an Asian person to like you, he's another human being.

What Guys Said 4

• I am sure there are a lot of Asian males who will date a Hispanic women. I think most of them will have a similar mindset as you do as well. They will ask themselves, since I am Asian, will she be interested in me? Or she's Hispanic so she probably wouldn't date me. Stuff like that.

If you are bold enough then I say to just smile at them and let it be 'known' that you are interested from afar. If all else fails then approach them and say hi :P

And yeah it is for sure possible for a Mexican girl and an Asian guy to be attracted to each other; I have been attracted to a lot of Hispanic girls in my life.

• Some of us (Asians) do. Don't lose your hopes and keep hunting.

• It seems that Asian men prefer Hispanic women.
    www. ayi. com/ dating-blog/online-dating-ethnicity-racial-preference-interracial-dating-ayi/

• Most ethnic people tend to stay within their own ethnicity! Don't ask me why! Maybe cultural pressure?

What Girls Said 1

• Do u like them for looks or their culture?

• Most of the time, their parents control who they can date. Their parents might not approve of you.