Whats your opinion on age difference?

Is it bad for a 14 year old girl & a 17 year old guy be talking? Like it's 3 years. I know that's a lot for some people and others not. My parents are around that age distance but it's weirder when you're younger. That means when he's 18 ill only be 15 & I feel like it's wrong but I don't know if I'm just contradicting myself. I just wanna know anyones opinion on age differences. Opinions please? Any gender answers.

Most Helpful Guy

• Right now it's based more on physical attraction. Wait until you both mature then see how you get along. If it's not too serious of relationship its okay until he's 18. When that happens it then becomes a legal issue and it would have to be worth a lot to him to deal with that. Just be careful and don't feel bad if doesn't want to deal with that.

• You're absolutely right. Thank you (:

What Guys Said 5

• Look back at the stuff you wrote 3 years ago on Facebook or whatever , you tell me how much you've changed lol

• I was told that (Oldest person's age / 2) + 9 was how you find the youngest acceptable age you can date. This has normally proven to be pretty accurate. But, when you are really young it tends to be a bit rigid.

17/2+9=17.

Which is pretty right on. At that particular age group there isn't a lot of space between acceptable and creepy. I'd consider 14 and 17 to be pushing it a little bit.

• Nope not weird

Dont care what people say if u r happy thats all matters

But I would think u better be friends rgt now and wait u r more younger before u guys think of dating

• I would gladly date a women who is 10-12 years older than me. At your age, 14 and 17 are ok. Age difference doesn't matter for me.

• not important

What Girls Said 6

• I find it weird, not gonna lie. And it makes him seem kinda pervy too. I mean no offense, but why is he interested in a 14 year old girl. Once you're older, three years is nothing. My parents have an 8 year age gap. But, my mom was 24 when they started dating.

• I wouldn't want my 14 year old daughter involved with a 17 yo.

• Yes. They can be manipulative... Don't fall for their lies.

• Talking? Yeah, it's okay to talk to anyone. Just take it easy and see how it turns out.

• Those ages 3 years does count for a lot. Like a 30 year old is not much different to a 33 year old, but say a 13 year old is very different to a 16 year old.
    3 years makes a major difference when you're young, because you're constantly learning and developing, by 20s it starts to slow down and 3 years is not much.

• I feel like when you're older it's ok because your both adults but three years as a child? That's a large percentage of your life. Will it really last? Probably not because he will find an older more mature girl and go to college without you. I doubt he would wait.