Women of GaG, what am I doing wrong?

So I'm big into online dating, I'm an introvert, but I also have a very helpful and generous nature, but it seems to just come out all wrong. I've had many conversations end because the woman I was talking to just got a little freaked out by my personality. Obviously I want to meet somebody nice, but I don't want to scare them away with thinking I'm dis-genuine, but I also don't want to be an asshole to get attention, any ideas or pointers to help me? I'll provide details if need be.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the female ur talking to and what site ur on. Try okcupid. Also make sure ur profile has enough info about and what u are looking for long term, hook up , etc be specific. u can also say that u tend to be a overcareing/nice guy and a women who wants that when seen will message u. Also what i did was list my KIK on the dateig profile that way men could message me there before i gave a celll number. less personal for the first few days. Make sure ur profile is true to u if u change it to attract certain people it won't work as well. for exaple, if it is true to u a women who finds ur profile cool, interesting , etc will most likley work better becuase u have things she likes alread or in common. thats my best advice anyway

0|0
    0|0
    • I have an okcupid profile, and I have no clue what kik is, I've heard about it, but too much social media just makes me aggravated, I can't deal with seeing so many things. Is there any way I could give you my profile, I'll accept critiques on it.

• yea u can ill do that. im loged out of my profile/ deactvated cuz i met my bf on there wy back in novmeber but i can give u advice so u can find someone too!

• KIK is just an app. Its like fb messenger but on a phone or tablet and u can tell the other person is real cuz the pics they send have to have kik logo on them meaning they took them right then

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I personally don't like guys who are all over me constantly, so that may be your first problem. Try to hide your excitment at the beginning.:D however, I'm currently seeing someone who's also an introvert, kind of asocial, but when I got to know him, I figured he's actually a person worth knowing. As are you and the right girl will see that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, so kind of just playing it a little cool and coy may help? Like I don't get messages often, so when I do it's a big deal for me, so should I just "act like I've been there before"?

• Show All
    • Damn, now that you mention that, I use a lot of emojis when I talk. So basically I have to find a balance between seeming interested and acting like I got my own stuff going on? Does time in between replies play a factor? because I'm a fairly fast replier in general, and very long winded, you may have noticed.

• Reply at around 2min intervals. You don't want to keep her waiting for too long. Unless it's not a text, then when you have the time. Don't let this take over your life. Actually have stuff going on, find a hobby. Pretty much every day should be filled with stuff to do, not just waiting around for someone to have time for you. Your partner should be just a part of your world, not the whole world. So yeah, keep it balanced.

• Just don't overdo it. Help only if they ask first.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's my problem, I don't know when I'm over doing things. Unless I'm told clearly that I am, I don't know my boundaries because I really just want to find anything we could do to have a common interest. I do it too often that I can see myself doing it as it happens, but I can't stop it because I can't think of anything else to say in it's place, and it just comes off as desperate. :(

• Show All
    • Job being my literal job, or job being trying to get to know her?

• I didn't know its a job to tend to her?

• Whats to be freaked out about generosity and helping people? Maybe you're being boring?

0|0
    0|0
    • I mean, I think I might be being overly generous, like a woman I was talking to said she would love to have a shopping buddy, and I jumped at that opportunity, seeing it as a way to be closer, but then she turned cold on me and our conversations turned from like paragraph answers to like 2 or 3 words overnight.

• Show All
    • That's where I run into trouble, I'm not good at being fake, my life is wholly uninteresting, I get up at 6 am, chill around my house till work, work, go home, and relax till I have to do it all again, I like going out and doing things don't get me wrong, I just don't know how to make my hobbies seem interesting.

• You'll meet your equal someday. Just take it easy.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!