Asked a girl out via text for sometime next week, should I text her before the date or wait to talk to her then?

I met the girl at a restaurant where she was the waitress. I went there every Saturday and tipped her pretty good. We spoke a lot and I'm certain we kinda hit it off. But for an entire month I was unable to go there because I went out of town during the holidays. When I got back, that Saturday I went back to that restaurant and they told he she had quit. I wasn't able to get her number because I always thought I couldn't be her client (tip her) and date her at the same time. Luckily, a coworker texted her telling her I was there. She told her coworker to give me her number, so I got it and texted immediately after leaving the restaurant. We texted, but it got to a point that I told her I'd still like to see her and asked her if she'd like to do sumthin next week. She said she'd like too, but she'd first want to find a job. I told her that that was cool and just to let me know, that I'd be around. She said "okay I will" followed by a little blush emoticon so I figured she was happy. I stopped texting her after that for the day. Now, I'm wondering if I should text her before she ends up telling me when she's ready? And if so, how often should it be? I don't want to bombard her with messages and also end up talkin so much that whenever the date comes, I'll have nuthin to learn about her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Text her every 2-3 days or so. Ask her how things are going, how the job hunt is going, etc.
    If the text convo is going well, just call her up instead, and ask when she wanted to meet up / what she wanted to do. Would be good to have a few recommendations in mind when you ask.

What Girls Said 2

• If she's looking for a job, then I guess you really need to wait but I dont see any problem texting her. You can ask how is the job hunting going on etc

• Maybe text her and tell her u made dinner reservations or movie tickets and would like to take her out. Take charge. ALso if put that way it makes it clear that u will pay and b./c she has no job she cna go without worrying about mone ytype thing

What Guys Said 0