Do you long for chivalry? if you're a typical girl from the 21st century, its not for you?

chivalry was for when people use to court and women had sex with one guy ususally after marriage or with someone they can see themselves marrying. they dated/courted only to find a marriage partner. just like men are expected pay for dates since we use to make way more money. now the women are making as much on more occasions and the glass ceiling has been raised.

why aren't more people speaking against womens double standards? all these traditions were made to even out the work load... now women want to make the money, make the chilvariously blind dude pay so they can save their own money while dating other men.

if you hit men, dont complain men knocked you out lol i m not misogynistic but the society is fucked up and the women aren't gonna do a thing about it since they dont care about being fair to men.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do what smart men and women do. stop dating the assholes. You may have to do without sex and relationships longer while you look, but it's worth it.

And no, I don't want chivalry. I'd rather be with a guy who really "gets" me as a person than be on a pedestal.

What Girls Said 4

• I consider myself a feminist, yet also a huge romantic. I would never ASK a man to pay on a date and see that as societies expectations rather than chivalry. I see 21st century chivalry much more in the smaller actions a man does - also considered by many as basic good manners on a date. I don't think its double standards to expect a man to try to make an effort with a woman on a date by being caring or considerate. For example by holding a door open for her etc. Chivalry should still exist! At it's core all it is, is trying to show the woman you are interested in that you can be a caring and attentive mate.. things women do through other actions but which men often fail to.. the date is the chance for the woman to see the mans more considerate side.

• although i do not like extreme feminists but there are some great qualities i have to respect about them. i dont disagree that men should do this and that. caring and being considerate is a noble character everyone should posses. i guess i m more focusing on the issue of women taking advantage of the issues that aren't being addressed and still accepted by society.

• Chivalry is just another word for manners and consideration. People in this generation tend to not have consideration for other people

• I was considerate why didn't girls date me

• because the reality is you get girls by putting them in their place not playing into how they want to be treated. i gurantee they won't be saticefied if you did everything they asked them to. it was never designed to work. you dont ask a fish how to catrch them, you learn from the fisherman. @armleg @cheeseysouffle

• 'women aren't gonna do a thing about it since they dont care about being fair to men' prejudiced much?

I think that men nor women have equlity in this societ e. g. a male pedo would get sentenced to jail a female pedo has to do freaking community service/men get paid more than women for the same job? How is any of that shit fair?

Personally, I have career goals that I want to accomplish and I dont want to be financially dependent on a guy, a guy paying for dinner is lovely, but if he offered to pay my bills then no no!

Guys shouldn't hit girls, I dont think, sorry! A bitch slap hurts far less than 'being knocked out' unless pf course the girl you're dealing with is like a steroid fuelled bodybuilder!

And the double standards, I dont think theyre done on purpose. The womens movement only happened what 50 years ago? Whilst weve been living for thousands of years where women have evolved to subconsciously see men as 'protectors/providers'. So while we may be consciously say 'men shouldn't pay for dinner or men shouldn't open doors for us' subconsciously we are biologically hardwired to want the opposite

And one more point, the majority of women spend their money on buying clothes, make up to maximise their assets and look good for their man. You men (forgive me if I am mistaken) dont spend money on make up but you spend it on a meal out. So from this angle the money spending on dates can be considered to be equal but different

• why would women do a thing about it when theyre pretty much getting free things? why are they born into all this entitlement? women do make more loser to men now than before, that is my point. what i m saying is if you want equality then dont be a hypocrit. they balance is terrible at the moment and divorce rate is much higher nowadays than before all these movements. i m sorry but if a women goes ape shit on a man trying to hurt him, she should get laid out. she can damage a man as well and even kill him. sure she has a disadvantage if they were to fight so she should already know her place and not provoke a much stronger person. women shouldn't hit men either! why do you say women can hit men and men cant? ok, he should hit her back as to match her power. is that better to you? or women should stop lying to themselves its only ok if a women hits a man. this is what i m talking about.

• Woah I never said women should hit men, I am all round against violence! But Im just saying that men are physcially more powerful, like you wouldn't hit a five year old if they hit you, would you? The average woman is pretty physically weak in the arms despite the way Hollywood often portrays these kickass women. I agree girls shouldn't hit guys either, but sorry call me sexist or whatever women but I think its more wrong to hit a girl than it is for a girl to hit a guy (using arms) because guys are stronger. Down arrow me all you want but thats just my opinion. Only leg hits are just as bad because legs of a girl are pretty strong and can actually cause damage.

Im just looking at the consequence perspective, if u get me. A guy with far stronger arms could slap a girl she could get knocked fall back and die. For the -majority- of girls a slap is never gonna do that much damage. So, for this reason I think its more wrong for guys to hit girls (using arms) than vice versa.

• But I am not saying at all, girls should hit guys, nobody should be hitting anybody!

And yes there are psychopathic little shits among both genders who use anything and everything they can to fatten up their own arse. But you shouldn't use those individuals to form an opinion on the rest of the sex.

• I personally do long for chivalry, but I am a huge romantic bookworm not yet in the workforce (15). The making more money and saving it for other dates while the guy pays is not me though. I would date one guy at a time, hoping to find the one special one for me. Also, isn't chivalry things like walking on the sidewalk closest to the road to keep the girl safe, holding open doors, etc too?

• romance... when men get older realise its a bs failry tale consisting of spoiling and charming a women through materialism.

What Guys Said 4

• Chivalry was acting out and carrying out good deeds to be closer to god. Yes it was used as an initial to open up for marriage. But if you think about it, only the knights, nobles, or the wealthy class could have done such a thing. A peasant back then was nearly incapable of doing chivalrous things.

• nice, got me thinking

• Acts of deference and kindness between equals are, by definition, not chivalrous. There's a reason why they code of chivalry only worked one way.

• no...

can't have your cake and eat it too...

• As they say, chivalry is dead and it's feminists who killed it. Those women here saying that chivalry is just another word for manners are full of shit. The expectations of a woman in terms of manners look nothing like the expectations of a man. You won't ever see women running around the car to open the door for a man, pulling his chair out while he sits or intentionally walking on the street side of the sidewalk to protect him from traffic.

There is no equality in feminism, only "he for she". LMAO!