Is it way too wrong for me a 32 year old to consider dating a really really nice guy who's 23?

Hi. As you can see from my previous question I have no problems getting guys for one night stands but none to stay. I've met a guy. Not a stunner like I was told to stop aiming for too good looking guys and I might have better luck at getting a guy who's interested in dating me instead of one night onlys. But he is such a nice guy with a great sweet personality. I'm worried though. I'm 32 and he's 23! Should I avoid? Is he far too young? I only found out his age yesterday. He looks the same age as me. So I never questioned because he even looked a little older. But when I met him on a date we got on so so well and clicked. I asked how old he was. Just curious and he said he was 23! And I said well I'm 32 so this date is finished. He said you dont look 32? I said yes I know this bit i am. I 'm gutted but your too young I think. He said don't go. I was joking. I'm also 32. And I believed him and laughed. But yesterday through a friend I found out he is just 23 and clearly lied so I wouldn't run. I don't know what to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing wrong with it. I don't think age matters. If you like him and think it'll work, by all means, go for it =) you're both old enough to consent... Be happy lol

What Guys Said 22

• Not at all. I'm around 30 and I dated a 19 year old girl. While some people found it weird, most importantly WE didn't. There were a few age related issues that we had but by and large nothing big. Generally speaking though, women mature faster than men so as long as he's mature enough for you, then it's all good.

• It's not wrong.
    It's only bad if he sees you as a cougar and just wants to bang an older woman.
    But he might be genuine and want to date a woman regardless of age difference.

If Hugh Jackman did it, then this guy can too.

Hugh is 46, but his wife is 59.

• "Is he far too young?" Yes. Because "But he is such a nice guy with a great sweet personality." is false. He's not done maturing. Whatever you can see is likely less than half the picture since the young and prone to mood swings and bouts and fits of poor judgment and shitty reasoning. It's really his lack of development. It's a judgment call of course but yeah.

• I don't think there's anything wrong with it. If you both like each other why not enjoy each other's company? You're both adults. It's not like he's 16.

• It's certainly not wrong. What are your hopes for the relationship? Are you looking for a father for your children? If so, you need to ask him whether he will be ready to be a father in the next few years. If his plan was to wait until his early 30's before having children, the timing may not work out.

• If he's nice and treats you well i don't see why his age
    should be a problem he's 23 and your 32 if it works out
    go for it don't let people bring you down over age matters..

• Wrong? naaaa
    Weird? Sort of
    Should you give a fuck? Naaaa
    It's your life do as you like as long as its legal.

• Ummm well I don't know i suppose it depends how you feel about it?
    I'm 24 which is around his age and I would be ok to start a relationship with a girl your age. Good luck :)

• It sucks a bit that he lied.

But honestly, age is only a problem if it means two people aren't attracted to each other or can't relate to each other or are at a different stage in their lives (or if it's illegal).

So there seems to be mutual attraction, and if you have good conversations and want pretty much the same things, I would go for it. If he is honest from now on.

• You're both grown people. I've actually seen bigger age differences. So, I think it's fine.

• Damn took you that long to finally be attracted to a nice guy? He is definitely too young for you. However, I am sure there are nice men in your age range that are single.

• Haha. Such a shame he's just 23! Can't pull away :(

• I dated a 36 year old when I was 21. It was AWESOME.

Do it.

• How did it end?

• We both knew it was a temporary relationship, but that it was exclusive and respectful. She was the teacher and I was the student, and boy did I learn a lot.

We parted on good terms. I miss that kind of relationship.

• Ok well before I learned his real age he was like I think your the one for me. I wanna be with you and the kids. Give u everything. After I learned his age he changed and said he still wanted me. But agreed that our age gap is unlikely to be a permanent thing. His words were it is uncommon for our age gap to settle down together.

• I don't think anything is wrong with that.
    I'd consider dating someone no older than 35 myself so..

If it's working and you're both happy then just keep going with it.

• Ok thanks. Early stages. Still dates. X

• Mmmmm mmmm mmmm, he liked you that's why he lied. You were gonna walk out lawl.

• What are you meaning? Lol

• Meaning?

• Meaning, it's obvious already that his age is a deal breaker... move on.

• Who cares age is just a number. Be happy

• this relationship will not last too long. But you can still enjoy the sex as long as this will last.

• i didn't read your story because you should. he's not a child but if he's a typical 23 yr old, hed prob use you for sex and hed have the power since he's got the time not you. traditionally speaking

• Thanks but what do you mean I should read my story? And what do you mean he has the time and not me? I'm quite pretty but I took advice on here and went for average to avoid the one night only guys who were only interested in fun with me :(

• oh sorry i meant you should date him lol @Asker

• Nothing wrong with it at all. Some guys like going out with older women. Its a thought that all guys think about.
    I think about a good bit.

• As long as he's okay with the look of a 32 year old vagina, go for it.

• Eh... I'm hardly old! 2 years into my thirties...

• i don't see anything wrong with it at all

• I'd advise against it if you want something meaningful. I'm 26 and definitely more mature than I was a few years ago, I'm more laid back, more logical in my approach to things and understand my and other people's emotions better. Hopefully I'll continue this upward trend. He might be nice but he's still a baby really. Experience teaches you a lot, at 23 you have none!

• I don't think it's wrong as such, though as guy around his age I'd say that a long term relationship with a girl 9 years my senior would be non-ideal. He might well feel differently, I guess. Anyway if you feel like giving it a go, don't worry about it. He's old enough to decide to date whoever he wishes, so while it is a bt of a gap it's not inappropriate in anyway as far as I'm concerned.

• Thanks but the problem is I am looking for the "one" :(

• I'm not saying he's not the "one", I don't think you should stop pursuing each other because of the age difference.

What Girls Said 4

• You should date whoever you're attracted to. His age shouldn't matter! You obviously were drawn to him and attracted to him before you knew his age so what should changed? If you never knew his age or it was closer to yours would you be asking? I say go for it!

• Ur 32? U look younger and no its not wrong as long as he's over 18

• 23 isn't that young. I'm 19 and date lots of guys in their 30s. Age doesn't matter thaat much.

• please would you tell a bit what is mainly done on a DATE? just something eatables, having sex or any more. Really I'm ignored about it?

• It all depends. I've had dates where it's just been civil and goodbye I'll text you later in the week. These never worked for me. I prefer dates that you talk and laugh a lot first getting to know each other and you feel the chemistry and you just wish they would take you home with them. Lol x

• Thanks Ms, Its just like,"A husband took his newly married wife to the honeymoon on the seashore and asked her how she enjoy the honeymoon, she asked him what the honeymoon is? he replied all these we're doing, she replied him I've done this a lot of on pond edge in my village"it was same to me. I used to go but didn't kissed and fucked. Thanks again for your detail information.

• you should totally go for it